THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    I Will Continue To Travel First Class!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Will Continue To Travel First Class!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen to that Saeed.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Typical class envy

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are saying it takes 9 times as much fuel to move a 1st class passenger as an economy passenger. To get that number they are using a load factor of 0.4 for 1st class, (4 seats in 10 filled), and 0.8 for economy. On every plane I have been on in the last decade there were no empty seats.
The weight of the passenger and luggage probably is similar for both passengers. The weight of the seat is the real difference, especially if using their passenger load numbers saying there are empty seats the extra floor space would not matter.
I get a difference of about 3 times not 9.
Looks like they have skewed their numbers to get the results they wanted, and to show rich people in 1st class are evil. If the writers of the article knew there was a hunter in 1st class they would pee their pants.

M

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess they'd really be pissed if they knew how often I and one other guy fly an empty airliner across the country or across the ocean...

Idjits...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously? Business class all the way.

Doug

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Since the frontal section doesn't change and the only real difference is weight I would have to conclude that first class passengers weigh 1,800 lbs each.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote