THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Restaurants Recommendations in Phoenix

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restaurants Recommendations in Phoenix
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son and I are heading to Sonora for a mule deer hunt next week. We are spending the night in Phoenix near the airport on the way in and out.

Can anyone give recommendations on restaurants in the area??

Thanks!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I don’t know near the airport, but 30 minutes or so north of there are some places I really like. Bobby Q’s is a popular BBQ restaurant and I’ll recommend their BBW Prime Rib. It’s excellent.

Over in Scottsdale there are many great restaurants. I love Capitol Grille in north Scottsdale but it might be farther from the airport than is practical. Hopefully some residents of The Valley of the Sun can chime in with closer recommendations.

On a related note, when do you get to Hermosillo? I’ll be there on the night of the 9th. We are staying at Fiesta Americana. Meet our outfitter next morning and head out for our hunt.

Posts: 3904 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite places to eat in both Phoenix and Gilbert, Arizona is Oregeno's. Outstanding pizza and pasta dishes. Great appetizers. Love the Big Rig Pasta dish with an additional Italian sausage! tu2 https://oreganos.com/

posted Hide Post
I live in the Phoenix area and my office is very close to Sky Harbor. It’s a bit sketchy close to the airport. But if you’re close to the light rail, you can hop on and be in Tempe in just 5 minutes or less. Or get an Uber.

Tempe is home to Arizona State University. Lots of restaurants/bars on Mill Avenue to choose from. Oregano’s was mentioned in previous post, and I have to agree, great pizza there. There is one in Tempe also, not far from the ASU campus.

https://www.downtowntempe.com/

If you want higher end food, then old town Scottsdale is your best bet, but that’s a bit further away.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Stockyards steakhouse
Taqueria obregon
Knock kneed lobster

All 3 of these are good places to eat. It gives you a nice variety. There are more, however further from the airport.

I used to live in Phoenix and you were looking close and these are close to the airport.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1627 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Girabaldies Pizza. Don't know if the pizza is any good but was having dinner there with my golf buds and in walked the Phoenix Suns cheerleaders - 16 of them.....
I have no idea about the food but the eye candy was impressive....

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Did you mean Grimaldi's Pizza? If so, that's good pizza too. Big Grin