THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Recommendations for overnight accommodation in Windhoek and things to see/do.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for overnight accommodation in Windhoek and things to see/do.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
I’ll only be there 1 night but people with us will be there 2 nights. We will be hitting Joes Beerhouse for sure.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13228 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stayed previously at the Olive Grove and the Uhland (I think??) - both OK but no more than that - only chosen for being within walking distance of Joe's. Not sure if there is anywhere closer or better?

Staying in Windhoek for a night in June - but as we have the whole brood with us we are out of town at Heja.

Enjoy the game knuckle and the Windhoek at Joe's!!

Posts: 198 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I do not remember where I stayed, it was a ways out is all I can say. The place used to be private for corporations that did business in Namibia. the place had 2 bars and eating places, breakfast was quite good.

My PH made the arrangements and it cost about $100 American dollars. I paid in rands.

We went to Joe's and it was a good meal and they accepted credit card or Namibian dollars or Rands. they did not take American dollars.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1591 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Often stayed at the Olive Grove - central, near Joes, I though the rooms were fun and the breakfasts were always good. Gets my vote!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2285 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Casa Piccolo. I’ve stayed there my last four trips through WDH, as recently as August 2022. The cost for a single room was $65.00 US and included free hot breakfast and WIFi. It’s only . 8 mile from the Stellenbosch Wine Restaurant, which is far superior to Joe’s. A Filet Mignon dinner was $18.00 US in August.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1384 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote