THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Anyone have experience flying American Airlines internationally?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience flying American Airlines internationally?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I'm looking at using my mileage to fly economy plus or business to London in '18. Not carrying guns so that's not part of the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12894 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I have flown them business class to LHR 3-4 times, then BA on to JOberg. Decent service, meals, and seating but not as good as BA in all categories and definitely a few steps below the Middle East airlines. Their lounge at LHR is definitely not as nice as BA.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13194 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Yes, but not their new Eco+ service. I prefer BA over AA. However, when flying on FF tickets the BA surcharges are killers. Business you will be fine.

The thing I don't like about AA to LHR landing at T3.

What do you want to know?

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Mark, are you using Alaska Miles? If so, try Delta...... flew them to London about 3 years ago and was very satisfied.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Delta does not have an Premium Eco, AA does now on some planes. Delta's Eco+ will not be the same class of service as AA's.

I will also suggest what I do. I take business to LHR which give me a bed to sleep overnight and then coach to the rest of Europe and then Premium Eco back from LHR. That saves money or miles.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I have flown them business class to LHR 3-4 times, then BA on to JOberg. Decent service, meals, and seating but not as good as BA in all categories and definitely a few steps below the Middle East airlines. Their lounge at LHR is definitely not as nice as BA.

Bloody hell! Anyone actually has a First Class Lounge worse than BA??

I have seen better coffee shops here in Dubai than the one we have been in!

BA has been going downhill ever since the Spaniards bought it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67118 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Bloody hell! Anyone actually has a First Class Lounge worse than BA??

I have seen better coffee shops here in Dubai than the one we have been in!

BA has been going downhill ever since the Spaniards bought it.

Ain't that the truth!

Their recent computer meltdown was an absolute farce! Confused

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We were in their First Class Lounge in Vancouver, Canada. Which is so much better than the one at Heathrow.

I asked the man at reception why did they change their name from BOAC to BA?

I cannot remember what he said, but I told him what we have always knew was the truth.

BOAC stood for BETTER ON A CAMEL.

BA stands for BLOODY AWFUL clap

I don't think he found that very funny rotflmo

Posts: 67118 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Thanks guys for the input on my question. I appreciate it. I hadn't realized I'd asked for any info on BA though. BTW Delta is not partners with AK Air anymore so they are not an option for me.

Thanks,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12894 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I fly AA international quite a bit (100K+ miles this year already). The wife and I have used miles to fly to Namibia, Italy, as well as numerous times to Latin America and the UK. A business ticket to the UK will put you back 70K-150K miles, depending on when and the route. If it is an actual BA flight, the UK taxes will put you back a few hundred dollars; more than with an AA flight.

Safe travels...............Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Damn, I didn't realize Delta was no longer a partner! They have really turned things around in terms of their service!really too bad they aren't an option with Alaskan miles.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What amazes me is the fact why have the European and American airlines let themselves get so bad at customers service??

I have stopped flying any of the major airlines within Europe, and use cheap ones like Ryan Air and Easyjet.

And when these are chosen over others, it shows how bad service has become.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Thank you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
When did they drop Alaska as a partner? Very recently?

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
crane,

Actually Alaska dropped Delta from their plan and added Virgin America.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Actually just used them two days ago from Barcelona because they were the most affordable option. Flight was fine, however, the TV in my seat was corrupt and did not work.

I fly AA a lot since they are Dallas based, but I have very little good to say about them. Maybe my luck is bad, but pretty much 9/10 flights I fly with them they are delayed or have some issue. My wife would say the same.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote