Find
Notify
Tools

Does TrakDot work?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Anyone had any experience with the Trakdot product for keeping tabs on your luggage or guns, going to Africa?

http://maxborgesagency.com/pre...rt-baggage-tracking/

Seems to be a fairly new product, and may have its limitations in that I'm not sure if you can tell if your bags are on your flight. But appears that if they miss the flight, you can at least locate where they did end up.

Whaddya think?

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the FAA and the airlines think about a few thousand of those puppies communicating with cell towers across the country at high altitude.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Their own website here has more info and according to the how it works page, the unit switches itself off when it's in the air and then reactivates on the ground.

I haven't researched it any further than that but from what I did see, it looks like a great system.

That said, I note the site claims it works anywhere the owners cellphone works and seem to remember the US cell phone system works on a different network to the rest of the world but I may well be wrong on that?

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
coffeeOh well, doesn't matter for this trip in May since their website now says they won't begin shipping until June 24th.

Maybe next year.....

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote