THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    The magic of the Luangwa valley

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The magic of the Luangwa valley
 Login/Join

Picture of Cliffordmykiwamyers
posted
On the 31st of May i started my adventure as i do every year, my destination, Munyamadzi on the banks of the Luangwa river.
After a day of travel and some very unenthusiastic border control officers i finally reached Lusaka Intl, looking forward to the safari to come, a night was spent with some of the best people i know at a bush camp no more than 5 minutes drive from the airport called Chimbwe, owned by non other than Arthur and Fay Taylor, whom i have come to know and respect over the past few years. A night well spent around the fire cooking and enjoying a few drinks with African hunting stories of yesteryear and catching up with old friends..

The next morning saw our journey begin after picking up the client at the airport, and we where on our way..

Being from South Africa, its always such exciting stuff when driving through the bush about an hour away from camp when one hears the radio suddenly screech on with the staff on the other end calling " Bwana Bwana, over" , only to hear the terrified crew on the other end talk about 2 male lions that had just popped in around the kitchen area to say a fine how do you do.. after Thor had talked about arriving at 1900 hours and evading the "Naughty" elephants that roam the area it hit me, " This is Africa" and it felt good to be back.

Throughout an amazing safari filled with hard work in the bush i found myself taking it all in and realizing how fortunate i was.
Every year i go back to the same area on the Luangwa and every year i lose my heart to a place so wild and so magical there are no words to fully describe it.
I talk with friends back home and there are always the same questions, " so? how was it", " Enjoy your trip?" and there are never words to describe the feeling that lives within me. I have come to know one one thing, anyone asking these questions will never know until they themselves have visited The Valley.
i have seen most of Africa and hunted all over from Namibia to Mozambique, all of which hold a special place in my heart, but will never miss an outing to the Luangwa valley were so many friends have been made and so many bonds have been forged with not only the Guides and operators, but also the local people who's input is so crucial to a successful and memorable safari..

I recommend that each and every one should visit The Luangwa valley be it on a hunting safari or Photographic safari each equally amazing.

A special thanks to those involved that make my trip so worth while each and every year.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Welcome and what about some pictures? You can email them to me if you do not know how to post them,

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9882 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could not agree more. The Luangwa holds a very special place in my heart.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12910 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Cliffordmykiwamyers
posted Hide Post
Andrew

Its been an absolute pleasure finally meeting you after all the talks In which Thor has mentioned you!! Thanks for all the humour at camp!!! I will definetely mail you some pics in the morning!! Chat soon and thanks for the welcome!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Cliff,

Was a pleasure having you here on another successful safari. Always have good humor when you around.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to meet you and spend some time getting to know you.
Not sure what brand of deodorant you were using but since your departure the Ele's appear to stay away from us !
Welcome to AR. Hope you get to contribute some of the interesting stories and good humour we shared at Munyamadzi.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall, that was Peter Hathaway Capstick's old stomping ground (at least one of them).

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote