THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Issues returining via Frankfurt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues returining via Frankfurt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted
I just returned home last night. Travel was well ... travel.

On the way to Namibia, someone removed the locks on my gun case and I lost one of the locking rods. The other was installed in a completely incorrect fashion.

The big issue was on the way back. I checked my luggage through to Pittsburgh. At Frankfurt, they ask if I have a gun. I told them "Yes as checked luggage." They immediately realized there was a problem. They needed ME to place the pink "Unloaded" tag in the case. Unfortunately, their rules wouldn't allow them to bring the gun to me; nor would they allow me to go where the gun was. After 30 minutes, they decided they couldn't do anything except teletype Cincy and tell them the gun was coming. I was quite concerned for a while.

BTW - Do not buy alcohol at the duty-free shop in Windhoek. At Frankfurt, they will only let the alcohol through the security checkpoint if it was purchased in the EU. I had a bottle of Amarula sealed in the duty-free bag and I had a receipt. They still refused to allow me to carry it on. At least it wasn't an expensive bottle of booze.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote