Notify
Tools

Connecting Flights in Moz?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted
Hello All,

We need some advice for a connecting flight in Moz. Is 1.5 hours enough time to clear customs in Maputo to make a connecting flight to Tete? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I would doubt it.
I didn't have to much problem a Pemba international but Maputo has had more years experience in ways to cause shit.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Jack

It should be enough, "all things being equal". Don't bring anything in excess - booze, cigarettes and so on. Are you bringing firearms? Ammo? Then you start also dealing with the border police and the probability of shit increases exponentially. The "card" you draw could range from a reasonably polite person speaking English to a half drunk, rude idiot with an AK47 slung over his shoulder only speaking Portuguese. If you have experience with "the system" it is manageable. If not you could get messsed around. And if you have rifle permits - make ABSOLUTELY sure your permits are 100% correct, down to the last character, date, etc.

Bottom line: if all is OK, 1.5 hours should be OK. (Or should I say could be OK?!) Wink

PM me if you need specif help or have specific questions ...

Johan

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bahati:
Jack
And if you have rifle permits - make ABSOLUTELY sure your permits are 100% correct, down to the last character, date, etc.
(Or should I say could be OK?!) ..

thumb

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote