New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking .22 ammo to Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My PH asked me to bring some 22 ammo to Tanzania. I think I can spare the weight. I may very well use some of it to take a guinea for the pot, but I'm not taking a .22 rifle. Any issues there?

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
My PH asked me to bring some 22 ammo to Tanzania. I think I can spare the weight. I may very well use some of it to take a guinea for the pot, but I'm not taking a .22 rifle. Any issues there?

Shouldn't be as long as your PH has included them with the rest of your declared ammo in the import license.
Dunno about the export regulations from your side.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your ph will no doubt have a 22, but the ammo they get is pretty poor. i can't count the numbers of fowl i've shot with the PH's 22. bring him the hi velocity stuff, not target ammo. the more the merrier.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I feel better.

Butch. He wants the lower velocity stuff if I can get it - of course I can get either one.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about the Dutch permit?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the responses. I feel better.

Butch. He wants the lower velocity stuff if I can get it - of course I can get either one.

Standard 22LR is the most commonly used - not available locally else MM would not have requested the favour.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about the Dutch permit?

you must declare it as well

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. We're seeing if we can change the Dutch permit.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
When I went to TZ. in 06, we were charged a tax on every single round upon arrival. You better ask your PH what the score is on that! He might be able to make an "arrangement", you don't want any surprises at the Dar airport!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote