New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lounges @ Frankfurt Airport
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt. Are there any lounges I can get into for a day fee?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deltas Crown room there is nice and the staff very friendly. You can usually get a day pass for around $35.00. There ar a couple others as well but I dont uaually bother with them.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Can you get in if your not flying Delta?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
I believe that several airlines share that lounge. It's pretty nice, but they close for several hours during the day when they switch from breakfast to lunch and dinner. That's fine, but I was snoozing in there and didn't appreciate having to leave. If I went that route again I would get a day room at the Sheraton so I could get a good nap and a shower.

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
We used the Delta Crowne room and thought it was great. Snacks and drinks served all day, nice showers, Internet access, etc. We went into town during the couple of hours they close and it worked out fine. We flew Delta but I believe you can purchase a day pass regardless of airline.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We had day passes for the Delta Crown room but ended up not using them. As mentioned, the lounge is closed for some of the hours you would like to use it, making it a somewhat undependable place to hang your hat.

Instead, we got on the commuter train to downtown and had a great time at the restaurants, biergartens, and shops. Besides, staying awake and active helps you successfully shift time zones. When your flight for Africa takes off that night, you'll be tired and ready to sleep and when it lands in Africa the next morning you'll actually feel like it's morning. If you sleep in Germany, your body will still be running on Western Hemisphere time when you arrive in Africa and will have all of the adjusting to do there.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We went to the zoo, at on the square there and then back to the airport w/plenty of time to take a nap before Air Namibia opened.
Next time she will be w/me so a shower will be a must while we are there. I told her no napping though, plenty of time for that on the plane after dark.
Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You can always sleep and relax on the plane or at home. So, go see the sights! That's what we have done in both Frankfurt and Paris, taking day tours of both places.

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Another vote for skipping sleep in Frankfurt. We took that advice and I slept like a baby on the Windhoek flight and woke up just beffore landing feeling great.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jriley:
...... If I went that route again I would get a day room at the Sheraton so I could get a good nap and a shower.

I stayed at the Sheraton in the airport in Frankfurt in 99 or so. It was THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I have ever slept in. Oh my. My wife still talks about it.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With only a 7 hour latover I will only have about 4 1/2 hours of free time due to check in etc. With this short of a layover I won't have time to sitesee or get a room, just a quiet place to hangout without any hassles. I like the idea of Delta's Crown Room but it would seem they will close right in the middle of my layover.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is my only complaint with them. I cant figure out the closing in the afternoon/evening thing even if it is only a couple of hours. Still you can catch a nap, get a shower, some food and a drink if you want it. It is quiet and you can get internet access. The last trip there were no day rooms or rooms of any kind available anywhere remotely close to Frankfurt. It wasnt perfect but far better than spending all of it in the airport. If only Air Namibia flew more than once a day. I dont know if you can get a day pass without flying one of the affiliated airlines or not, I kind of doubt it.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote