THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Airlink Economy vs. Business

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airlink Economy vs. Business
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friends:

Anybody have any thoughts on economy vs. business on the Airlink flight from JNB to HRE?

Its a big price difference (200 vs. 600) and a short flight.

I imagine that I can deal with cattle class on that short flight....

I'd appreciate any warnings otherwise.

Thanks,

Posts: 51 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I didnt realize they even had business class LOL

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
It’s three seats across, instead of four. For that short of flight not worth it to me.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flew JNB - HRE and back 2 weeks ago economy. no issues. Changed the return flight to a later slot with a $25 charge.
The flight time in reality is about 85 minutes, they fly Embraers which are fast aircraft - business class not worth it in my opinion.
I had a very good experience with them flying with a rifle, which needs to be pre-booked and costs about $70.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did JNB to Vilankulo a couple weeks ago. Pleasant enough service for a short flight. Not worth an upgrade when there is no middle seat anyway and your boarding and departing by the stairs.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did it last month. You get to board first, so you’ll have overhead space, I believe your second bag is free, a tad larger seat, and…you get first choice on “meal”, usually cheese or “beef” sandwich Wink.
Given the overall cost of such a trip, the difference in fare is not that big a deal to me.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Flew coach from JNB to WDH last month, about 1 3/4 hour flight. Very little difference onboard between first and coach. Not worth it to me.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Did it last month. You get to board first, so you’ll have overhead space, I believe your second bag is free, a tad larger seat, and…you get first choice on “meal”, usually cheese or “beef” sandwich Wink.
Given the overall cost of such a trip, the difference in fare is not that big a deal to me.

I 100% agree. Plus one isn’t cramped up as much. Any little bit I can do to help avoid getting sick is worth it to me.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More luggage allowance, better seat upfront and, better food drink inflight, airport lounge use at OR tambo.
I did business class last month to Windhoek and felt it was worth it.
It cost 50% more than economy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...I'm probably going to try and save a buck since I bought Delta Premium Select from ATL-JBN and back.

Posts: 51 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote