Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC multiple barrels
 Login/Join

posted
I have a question concerning traveling to SA with a T/C Encore and taking two barrels. Is there going to be an issue with the second barrel. My Encore frame has a serial number but the custom barrels do not have any serial numbers on them. One barrel will be mounted on the gun and the other barrel in a sleeve attached to the gun case.
Thanks
David

One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
Morning David

I hope the two barrels are of two different calibers? Law does not want you to bring two rifles of the same caliber in to the country!

It would be to your advantage to have a serial number stamped on both barrels as that will be the only way for SAPS to see according to the paperwork, that they belong to you.

On the SAP520 they ask for the serial number on the receiver, barrel and frame.

Hope this helps.

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kriel thank you for the quick reply. Yes the barrels are two different calibers.
The TC is my 14yr old son's gun and one barrel is 7mm08 and the other is a 376 Steyr.
Since the individual barrels do not have serial numbers can I simply assign them a number at random and stamp the barrel blocks myself?
Thanks
David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
376 Steyr...great caliber! That'll hammer them.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
It counts as 2 guns, but no problem. Just have them both on your 4557. I have done it a few times with no problems. Did it in May with M-loader and .375 barrels.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
take them to a trophy shop and have them engraved properly with the same number as the gun plus -1 and -2 they are getting pretty use to this my bolt gun has two bbls. 12345-1 and 12345-2 you can stamp them but it looks like shit and it will go more smooth with factory looking engraving. plus wont hurt resale so much and they are considered two guns stupid as it seems.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
take them to a trophy shop and have them engraved properly with the same number as the gun plus -1 and -2 they are getting pretty use to this my bolt gun has two bbls. 12345-1 and 12345-2 you can stamp them but it looks like shit and it will go more smooth with factory looking engraving. plus wont hurt resale so much and they are considered two guns stupid as it seems.

Not a bad idea--as long as they have a number on them there is not a problem. I take a blaser with me and no sweat.. Like said above just have them on the paperwork.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied, never thought of having an engraver put the numbers on and great idea on the number sequence.
Again thanks,
David