Find
Notify
Tools

Where to stay in Windhoek?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
We will be spending a couple days in mid April in Windhoek.
Anyone have any recomendations? looking for some thing as good or better than the Kalahari Sands.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari Court was rec for my trip coming up in late may

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Butch
It looks to be at least 1 star better than the Sands

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
You may want to check out the COuntry Club Hotel- it is well known and I may have the name wrong. Near the airport, 2 story place with an attached golf course, nice pool, lots of gals there at the pool while their husbands play golf, poolside cafe/bar, get some golf in, watch the players tee of and it is away from the bustle of the city (such as it is).

I found Windhoek to be a charming town.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Safari Court is nice and a pretty good deal for the price. Very good breakfast.

I've also stayed at Hotel Villa Verde, which is nice and Hill Top House is also nice if you are looking for something smaller. It is also close to Joe's Beer House.

Another hotel that is close to Joe's is the Roof of Africa, but I was not all that impressed with it.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like quiet Ongonga is out by Avis Dam. I liked it, clean, quiet, good food.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Windhoek Country Club is where my wife and I stayed nice rooms and good service

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
take a peek at www.onganga.com. this place has been suggested a couple of times in prior visits to windhoek. i have never stayed there but that name keeps popping up.

the crown jewel may be hotel heintzburg. interesting website at www.heintzburg.com. located on top of a hill overlooking the city. i have never heard anyone complain about the quality of the facility or the quality of the service. pricy. some question whether its worth the dough. however, by all accounts this place is top drawer.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We stayed at Hotel Pension-Ongonga and it was wonderful! I would recommend it without reservation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another for Onganga. I've stayed there since they opened(2000 or 2001) over three trips and they are just great.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stayed at Onganga several times and was quite satisfied with the arrangements.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
My son and I stayed with Uwe Trumper at his Airport Farm. Link http://www.airportfarm-namibia.com/

This farm literally adjoins the international airport, which makes it a half hour or so from downtown Windhoek. Nice rooms, great hospitality, and 20,000 acres of free range hunting for world class red hartebeest, springbok, and some nice kudu/gemsbok/steinbok - if you are so inclined.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Castle.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Looks likeit will the Sands again for us as we only have one day to spend and it is in walking distance of some of the shoping centers.
Thanks all.