Find
Notify
Tools

New passport
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
There was some discussion on passport renewals on this forum. I sent mine for renewal 24th of Oct and recieved my new one in the mail this morning. Just came by regular flat rate envelope in my mailbox. I did pay for overnite as they reccomended on the application. It is one of the new electronic passports and the page decoration is new but outside and size are the same. Came with a nice little wallet card with useful contact information on it. The one thing different was they did NOT return my old passport. 20 days is pretty good turn around. Now if I could just afford to go somewhere I would be ready.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.. I just got a new passport for the wife and they did send the old one back. It came a week or more later in a different package. The same goes for mine when I re-newed a few years ago. They did not send the old one back in the same package as the new one. Wait a bit for the old one, hopefully it will show up! When I sent mine in I attached a note that I wanted the old one back, on my wife's we sent no note but they sent it back anyway.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. They probably didn't want to send both overnite though the flat rate envelope was far larger than necessary. It would just be nice to have all the visas and stamps, I was thinking of making a collage of them.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
You will get your old one back. I just did mine about two months ago, and IIRC the old passport arrived about 10 days or two weeks later.

Isn't it funny that something as inconsequential as an expired passport can hold so much value to it's owner?

I know that I felt some real anxiety when my old one did not arrive with the new one, and it was a real relief when it showed up.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like a friend of mine used to say (I love to look at all those stamped pages and remember the trips I was on when I got them)He had filled 4 passports at the time now I think he is up to 6

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of old memories there. Planning the trip, the anticipation and preparation, the travel, and the trip itself.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I have had the chance to look through Bob Ruark's old passports...that dude did some traveling!

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Just recieved my old canceled passport in mail. Same as last one. Two holes punched in the cover. Visa pages all intact.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS