New
Find
Notify
Tools

Egypt Air
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone flown Egypt air to Tanzania i am flying in July out of JFK. I booked with United Miles can't beat a Business class ticket for 160,000 miles and $71.00. But hope i don't have issues with my rifles. Any feedback welcome
thx
chris

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
With what is going on in Egypt right now, I would avoid flying through Cairo with firearms.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like booze on your flight I suggest you bring your own - and maybe a packed lunch/dinner while your'e at it.

As Saeed advised if you intend using camp rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The airlines itself is average. I have flown them many times. I would never even consider taking a gun on their planes - they have no clue about permits or forms or anything. You will likely have a lot of trouble if you do.
I would sure check with United on how that could occur, but expect a problem.

There is no booze on their planes.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In December,my wife and I went to tanzania on Turkish air. PERFECT transfers etc and spent a couple days in Istanbul. Steve Turner handled the Meet and Greet,Gun storage etc. I know its too late,but it would have been a good option for United miles. I have flown Egypt Air,but not internationally,so I dont know how they stack up. Maybe you can switch it to Turkish for a small fee.???

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback It was Ethopian or Egypt Air both problematic. I check every day and if something better comes along i will change. I am working with Steve Turner and if anyone can sort out any issues he can worth every penny.

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote