Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe safer than Canada
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
U.S. issues 'Do Not Travel' warning for Canada
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-c...avoid-193042978.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. State Department on Monday advised against travel to neighboring Canada because of a rising number of COVID-19 cases as the Omicron variant spreads.

The CDC elevated its travel recommendation to "Level Four: Very High" for Canada, telling Americans they should avoid travel, while the State Department also on Monday issued its "Level Four: Do Not Travel" advisory for Canada citing COVID-19 cases.

The CDC, which lists about 80 destinations worldwide at Level Four, also raised the island of Curacao to Level Four.

In November, the United States lifted restrictions at its land borders with Canada and Mexico for fully vaccinated foreign nationals, ending historic curbs on non-essential travelers put in place in March 2020 to address the COVID-19 pandemic.

Canada remains a top foreign destination for Americans.

"We are aware of the latest CDC advice," said a spokeswoman for Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly, noting that last month Ottawa had urged residents against non-essential travel.

Canada first issued the advisory in March 2020 but withdrew it last October - before the first Omicron cases were reported - citing the success of vaccination campaigns.

This month, Canada broke its one-day record for the highest number of people hospitalized with COVID-19. Last Friday, officials said new daily cases had soared by 65% in the previous week, threatening healthcare systems.

The CDC on Monday also lowered travel recommendations from Level Four to "Level 3: High" to Armenia, Belarus, Lesotho and Zimbabwe. It also rate Singapore as "Level 3," after it previously was listed as unknown.

The CDC says Americans should be fully vaccinated before traveling to Level 3 destinations.

COVID-19 hospitalizations in the United States reached a record high of 132,646, according to a Reuters tally on Monday, as the highly contagious Omicron variant pushed hospitalizations past the record 132,051 set in January last year.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
How stupid!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67290 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
How stupid!

I have to agree with you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1589 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
+1 more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36808 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Covid isn't going away and we aren't going to stop it at borders. We will either develop immunity or else.

I am hopeful that Omnicron is a step in the direction of a less deadly strain. I wonder if this variant had been first if we would have ever heard of covid. Some would have died and their deaths would probably been blamed on their comorbidities. I would swear that I have a cold if a test kit didn't say otherwise.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a trip in May to Canada that was delayed from last year, come hell or high water I’m going!

Posts: 155 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Not sure about safety but I've always been treated better by Zimbabwe Customs & Immigration than I have by our "Neighbors"...

I feel sorry for rural Canadians...

I no longer have any desire to cross that border..

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
Not sure about safety but I've always been treated better by Zimbabwe Customs & Immigration than I have by our "Neighbors"...

I have been to Canada twice, and every single individual I dealt with has been very friendly and helpful!

Same thing in the US, except one very rude policeman in New York JF Kennedy airport.

Wouldn’t even answer my questions.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67290 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have been to Canada twice, and every single individual I dealt with has been very friendly and helpful!

Same thing in the US, except one very rude policeman in New York JF Kennedy airport.

The Canadian people have always been great.. The government on the other hand ... yeah well what can I say..

When I take a rifle to RSA or ZIM or Turkey its just a long paperwork process but the people are normally very polite.

When I have taken a rifle into Canada (and maybe its just my luck) the agents have always been jerks and treated me like some kind of criminal because I am a hunter and have guns - and have had them comment to that effect..

Maybe they get it by hanging around the US customs agents who often are not much better!

I'll take countries like Romania and Hungary that are happy to see us hunters come and visit!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that, like in the US, there are more hunting friendly areas and less friendly areas depending on the city/province. I had a wonderful experience through Calgary, Alberta last fall.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Very true..

We need a "hunter's only" border crossing check point staffed with pro-hunting and pro-gun border agents on both sides :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drove from here to Princeton B.C. in nov. and dec for moose and cougar with firearms and bring back 40 liters of booze. I had no rude border people on either side my guns were never looked at and that was a 1st.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HVR - did you go through an outfitter on those? I’d like to do a moose up there in a couple years if you have any recs. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott - agreed!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very true..

We need a "hunter's only" border crossing check point staffed with pro-hunting and pro-gun border agents on both sides :-)

I was once stopped by the Polizei in Munich airport when coming back from Austria - but only because I had a 264WM and they wanted a look see!!

Posts: 198 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Canadian people have always been great.. The government on the other hand ... yeah well what can I say..

When I take a rifle to RSA or ZIM or Turkey its just a long paperwork process but the people are normally very polite.

When I have taken a rifle into Canada (and maybe its just my luck) the agents have always been jerks and treated me like some kind of criminal because I am a hunter and have guns - and have had them comment to that effect..

Maybe they get it by hanging around the US customs agents who often are not much better!

I'll take countries like Romania and Hungary that are happy to see us hunters come and visit!

Depends where you enter Canada at Onterable and Quebec hate firearms. I never once had a problem coming back to Canada flying into Calgary or Edmonton in 20 plus trips. I even had one customs guy in Calgary ask if he could hold my Colt Delta Elite and asked if was for sale.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote