Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania Visa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Does anyone know if we can get a Visa for Tanzania upon arrival at Kilimanjaro airport? We were able to obtain one last year at the Dar Es Salam airport.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes you can obtain one there.

You can also obtain it in advance for a nominal fee through the Tanzanian embassy.

If you want the info for the embassy, let me know. I'll have my assistant pull the information.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

The Tanzania visa is $100 upon arrival. Should take about 15 minutes to process. I personally like to have everything done ahead to facilitate transiting an airport.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
You can get the visa at the airport, but I always worry that the relevant bureaucrat won't be there when I need him. It is, after all, Africa.

I use VisaHQ.com to process any visas I need prior to departure from the USA. The peace of mind is more than worth the $50 or so that the service costs me. It usually takes them about 3 days for the transaction.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Probably a good idea, but I don't like mailing my Passport to someone.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using VIP Passport Services for nine years and am always happy with their service. A little extra money for piece of mind - no question in my book.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
Probably a good idea, but I don't like mailing my Passport to someone.

Use Federal Express. My travel document expediting service will not do it any other way.

BTW, you have to mail your passport every time you renew it anyway.

And I always get my visas ahead of time. I just don't like to leave things to the last minute. Murphy's law, you know.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son & I are off to Tanzania for the last two weeks of October. We decided about a month ago that arriving with visas was a good idea, rather than waiting until we got to JRO.

We used visahq.com in Washington DC. Highly recommend these folks.

Used FedEx pre 10am delivery - monitored tracking numbers both ways - VisaHQ emailed us at each stage as well. Sent passports on a Thursday, and got them back the next Wednesday. A no-brainer, IMO.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Gracy Travel handled the flights for my Tanzania trip. They also took care of the visas for a small fee. It was well worth the money to bypass the visa line in the DAR airport.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Good advice, I'm sure. Last year it took all of 10 minutes at the Dar Airport. This year Robin Hurt tells us we can get them at the kilimanjaro Airport with no problem. I'll let you know how we do? Concern now is waiting on approval from Amsterdam for our Firearms.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
larrys01 -- My recent experience:
We did not get the firearms consent forms back approved fron Dutch Customs until last Saturday October 4th. We submitted the forms via fax on September 16th. We are to transit Amsterdam on October 20th on KLM with firearms and ammo.

Apparently the Dutch are efficient, but the most urgent needs are met first. Call them on the phone if you are getting close to crunch time and want to check on status. They're real nice folks to talk to and can tell you where you stand.

Jack Hood

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I plan on calling them Friday if I haven't heard from then by then.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Received the Fax's from Amsterdam yesterday. Time to start packing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's an awful nice feeling walking past the lines after 24 hours of planes and airports at 10:30 at night because your visas are all in order.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
When I arrived in Arusha this past August we waited in line a good hour for our Visa then they also took us for an extra $100 for the two Visa's. Next time I would do it before hand....

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I know why I made a good decision to arrive at Kilimanjaro arport with visa in hand.

We had been travelling some 28 hours & of course very little good sleep. Our KLM flight was a Boeing 777 with some 330 passengers which absolutely flooded the terminal with people upon arrival.
I sure was proud to be able to bypass the swamped visa desk and get on to the task of clearing the guns and getting out of there ASAP.

Jack Hood

DRSS

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 415sbaird:
Now I know why I made a good decision to arrive at Kilimanjaro arport with visa in hand.

We had been travelling some 28 hours & of course very little good sleep. Our KLM flight was a Boeing 777 with some 330 passengers which absolutely flooded the terminal with people upon arrival.
I sure was proud to be able to bypass the swamped visa desk and get on to the task of clearing the guns and getting out of there ASAP.

Wow, only about 10 folks got off and 3 or 4 got on in Kilimanjaro, and we were off to Dar.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
We noticed the same thing. However about half had Viia's and after the power went off 3 times and we got our Visa some of the people with Visa's were still waiting in line. So I guess I would get my Visa there if I had to do it over again. Thanks all for the reply's.