Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a travel agent
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
Anyone like to recommend a good travel agent? Looking for 2 tickets in Dec from the States to RSA to East London. Thank You!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Our very own...

Kathi Klimes
Wild Travel
708-425-3552

Kathi@wildtravel.net

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I just used Kathi at Wild Travel for 5 tickets to Namibia in April. She got us a very good price and good seats. Alot of people use Gracy Travel and seem to have good luck. I have had my problems with Gracy, unreturned calls and high price. Cabela's travel also works, I have used them twice and they are ok. Kathi hunts Africa herself so knows the problems. Kathi knows more about gun laws than others I have used. You can find her ph#'s on this form "Kathi".......Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for Kathi

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We used Gracy Travel for round trip to Tanzania and hotel and limo bookings in Amsterdam. Shawn Kennedy is highly recommended. We had to change reservation out of Arusha and it was painlessly accomplished in a few hours.

This was my second Tanzania booking through Gracy and we are using them again next year.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs-up for Kathi Klimes. As a Canadian, I had some difficulty finding a travel agent who could book flights for me direct from Canada, rather than leaving and returning to an American airport. Three emails to Gracy Travel were never even answered! Kathi handled everything smoothly and efficiently. The only travel-related difficulties I experienced were ones that I caused myself!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Kathi in 2008 for a group of 16, had a few problems. Booked some buddies with her this year and she dropped the ball. PM me if you want the details.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Shawn at Gracy Travel for 3 trips to ZIM. Excellent service.

They do not do domestic stuff...

So I will not say anything about my Alaska trip. Wink My lis are sealed.

Suffice to say I will use them again.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi is the best! She got me to Zimbabwe last December on 8 days notice. No hassles on the trip, coming or going. Besides that, she's one of us (DG huntress).

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gracy Travel. They have resources that a 1 person shop cannot have. They have 24 hour emergency access, multiple employees in case your agent is out of the office, and a full time employee (Bruce) based out of the Jo'Burg airport.

When we had to change our plans in a big hurry in 2007 while in Vic Falls, we got on a Sat phone called Doug at Gracy and had it taken care of in minutes.

They get my business.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The majority is leaning to Kathy Klimes. I've never used her, but I'd damn sure give her a call before ever considering Gracy again.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...871096611#9871096611

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kathi Klimes was extremely gracious and helpful, even though I didn't book through her. It happened that I lucked onto a rare internet fare that was not available to her, and she made no squawks about my saving several hundred dollars by not using her services. Everything turned out just fine on my self-booked trip (thanks in part to her generous advice), but I will definately use Kathi in the future!

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a slightly different take on all this. We
have been on several safaris, and used a travel agent once. All other times, I did it myself. There is little difference between booking on SAA and booking on United to LA. Remember that travel agents are trying to feed their children and save for college just like you. When you use them you are contributing to their goals. The one time we used an agent, we payed significantly more than I could have done myself, and there were a couple extra charges we were not told about until too late to do anything about it!

Posts: 142 | Location: chicago | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
False alarm! I wont be able to go on the hunt due to the fact the game manager wants no culling after mid Oct to April. Guess I will have to shoot feral hogs all winter! Mad

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Our very own...

Kathi Klimes
Wild Travel
708-425-3552

Kathi@wildtravel.net

Yep, Kathis is the one making the travel arrangements for us from the US.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've used Shawn Kennedy at Gracy for 7 Safaris and never had a problem. When faced with changes due to the airline's delays, I've called Shawn on the Satellite phone and she has always taken care of any issues immediately. Recently, she pulled some favors and we were able to take over 200 lbs of school supplies to Zimbabwe at no cost, after most of the airlines started charging for humanitarian goods. Now, that's service in my book. By the way, don't forget Steve Turner of Total Travel Solutions, who is also a member of AR and posts here. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shawn Kennedy with Gracy Travel. The last two years did several trips to Zimbabwe and Australia. No problems except with Aussie customs ???

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just recently returned from Namibia, Kathi did all the work...the simplest thing to do is call her...leave the rest in her capable hands.

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
In 2007 had to switch from SSA to Air Zim. Kathi did a great job on the switch. You couldn't book Air Zim on-line back then. Don't know if you can now. I would have been in a world of hurt without a travel agent.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Kathi Klimes for (maybe) 10 round trips to RSA, Tanzania or RSA. Always smooth and she's fixed screw-ups by the airline.

She's already booked me for March 2010 to Harare.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi. I once told her the flgts I wanted etc and she said "Ed you can book them yourself and save my fee." I told here I did not begruge her fee as she had been so helpful in the past and if Sh*t hit the fan I wanted her on my side! nuff said!!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
TRY FROSCH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL - MIRIAM CLINGENSMITH WWW.FROSCHTRAVEL - THEY SPECIALIZE IN TRIPS TO EASTERN CAPE AND SOUTH AFRICA AND WORK WITH MANY OF THE OUTFITTERS THERE , WE HAVE USED MANY OF THE SPECIALIZED TRAVEL COMPANIES AND FOUND FROSCH TO BE HEADS ABOVE THE OTHERS WE WORKED WITH TO GET CLIENTS TO AFRICA. EMAIL MCLINGENSMITH@FROSCHTRAVEL , THEY WILL BE AT DALLAS SAFARI CLUB AND SCI - NOT THE BIGGEST BUT CERTAINLY THE MOST PERSONALIZED

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YOU MAY LIKE THEM BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT!!!!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I know this won't help now but since they are retired but, Tony and Sylvia de Costa were the greatest. Booking with them was extremely easy, inexpensive and fun. They tried to sell their company but never found anyone that wanted to go the extra mile that they did. I miss them and have had less than steller results since.

I know this won't help anyone just thought they should be given their due...........Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi, Gracy are good, and Steve Turner, (used to be with Gracy) has his own business now, is a top notch professional to deal with. Steve posts on here some, so you could shoot him a PM on your wants and needs.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Just used Kathi for a short notice buff hunt in Zim and she was A+++. Kudos Kathi!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote