New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Air Travel
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
"and all-female crew" that will about do it for me, even though given the "tonnage" of today's stewardesses, I don't see the savings!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i especially like the fat tax. why should i(@165lbs) pay excess baggage fee for a 20 lb carryon when a 275lb tub of lard with a 10lb carryon pays nothing??? weigh everything( passenger, checkin, carryon) and charge accordingly. step on the scale with all your stuff and pony up excess charges... what could be fairer?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep and on top of that, if your fat spills over into the next seat, you're buying that seat too.

We have a gauge at the gate for over-sized bags, why not a seat to gauge over-sized passengers. But I guess for liberals, that's profiling and then the ACLU will step in...

What a fricken mess all this PC crap has become. 2020

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
"and all-female crew" that will about do it for me, even though given the "tonnage" of today's stewardesses, I don't see the savings!

the tonnage is mainly limited to American and a few western European airlines. on Middle Eastern and Asian airlines, they are specifically hired for looks and age. no fat, middle-aged flight crews on Cathy Pacific, Etihad, Emirates, Asiana, etc, etc......

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Delta has redefined the term Air Bag.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yea, now it is Air Hag. but AA, United and US Airways are hanging in there with their version.