THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Will They BAN Co-Pilots Now?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will They BAN Co-Pilots Now?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67611 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just when you thought it was safe. Wink

Actually I zoomed through the TSA pre-screen last week. Didn't have to take off jacket, shoes, or watch. Just walked through . But every day is different .

So check all co pilots for rope . LOL.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just so you know, the airplane cockpit has its own escape rope... Smiler

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kabiza! This must be done as soon as possible. Had there been no co-pilot, there would have been no hijacking.

Oh, yes, I do remember the case a few years ago when the pilot died enroute, ...

Posts: 10144 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Kabiza! This must be done as soon as possible. Had there been no co-pilot, there would have been no hijacking.

Oh, yes, I do remember the case a few years ago when the pilot died enroute, ...

Should not of posted that. Now TSA will spend millions trying to figure out how to get rid of Co pilots and stop pilots dying in flight as well as how to get pilots trained up without going throught the co pilot stage lol

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Back when I was still flying for the airlines, shortly after TSA was formed as a result of 9/11, I was flying out of New York LaGuardia to DFW with a female Captain. Obviously I was the First Officer or Co-Pilot. While going through security, the TSA brainiacs had pulled her aside and were frantically going through her purse. Mind you, we were both in uniform, heading to the gate for the purpose of flying the jet home.

She asked the TSA fellow what he was looking for as a genuine offer to help resolve whatever issue they thought they had found in the x-ray machine. The TSA officer's response? We are looking for anything that might allow you access to the cockpit in flight! I kid you not!! She then shows them her ID, points to the 4 strips on her shoulderboards, and hat with AA insignia and asks, "You do understand I'm a Captain and I'll actually be flying the aircraft today, right?" To no avail, the guy just went back to searching at which time she then pulled the cockpit door keys out of her pocket (this prior to the new security coded locks). The TSA officer attempted to snatch the keys from her hand as she pulled them back and placed them back in her pocket. The TSA officer called the two cops over to detain her at which time she asked for a supervisor. It took an explanation to the supervisor of this entire craziness to get released from security so that we could proceed to the jet.

You see some stupid stuff out there that's for sure. In the case of this story with the First Officer hijacking the plane for Geneva, I wonder what the hell he was thinking? That they are just going to accept him into the country as a normal and legal immigrant after arriving on a plane he hijacked, without consequence? Somewhere out there, probably still in New York and in the vicinity of LGA airport, I'll bet there is a TSA agent reading about this incident screaming "I told you so, I told you so"!! 2020

one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a cop on another forum who applied to TSA. He started the process when it became obvious that they didn't want anyone with police experience or who had any brains !! thumbdown