THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Someone Should Start An Airline For Human Hippos!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone Should Start An Airline For Human Hippos!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If you were the poor bastard seated next to Moby Dick’s big sister, your seat would now be a half seat. Kudos to QA for doing this! tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
If you were the poor bastard seated next to Moby Dick’s big sister, your seat would now be a half seat. Kudos to QA for doing this! tu2

Agreed! She’s scary as hell. She’d make a heck of a good lion bait though. Wink

Posts: 3909 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here is something that I experienced.

many years ago, my daughter and one of her friends wanted to go to the cinema.

Too young to go on their own.

So I went with them.

We found two seats together, and one separate in the row below.

They had the two seats, and I had the other one.

Before long, in walks this ginormous fellow, about 4 times my size.

And sat himself next to me.

He was actually very polite, and did apologize for his size.

The girls could not stop giggling throughout the film!

And they never stopped telling everyone about my experience.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
All of this woman’s talk about her being a victim of discrimination because she is fat is ridiculous.

Of course she is being discriminated against because she is fat! That is the whole point and it is for good reason.

But the airlines must develop a policy with respect to obese passengers, make it public so that everyone knows about it, and be consistent about applying it.

These decisions should not be left to the ticket agent. The woman in this case has a point to that extent.

At the least she is due a full refund.

As an example of how this should be handled, what does she think would happen if she wanted to ride a horse?

If she were to go to a riding stable, they would insist up front that she tell them her weight. If they did not believe her they would insist that she step on a scale!

Given that she is morbidly obese, they would tell her flat out that she is too fat to ride a horse.

That would be it.

Unlike Qatar in this case, they would not charge her for a ride, deny it to her and then keep her money.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
All of this woman’s talk about her being a victim of discrimination because she is fat is ridiculous.

Of course she is being discriminated against because she is fat! That is the whole point and it is for good reason.

But the airlines must develop a policy with respect to obese passengers, make it public so that everyone knows about it, and be consistent about applying it.

These decisions should not be left to the ticket agent. The woman in this case has a point to that extent.

At the least she is due a full refund.

As an example of how this should be handled, what does she think would happen if she wanted to ride a horse?

If she were to go to a riding stable, they would insist up front that she tell them her weight. If they did not believe her they would insist that she step on a scale!

Given that she is morbidly obese, they would tell her flat out that she is too fat to ride a horse.

That would be it.

Unlike Qatar in this case, they would not charge her for a ride, deny it to her and then keep her money.

Hahaha!

Better still marry a horse!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you are incorrigible! Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was in Germany hiking in the summer.

I walk fast.

I caught up with a small girl on a horse.

The horse was being led by another girl.

The rear ended of the girl leading the horse was the same size as the horse’s!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I brought up the horseback riding example because I saw it happen.

We went riding one day at a stable nearby.

A woman about 5 feet tall and 250 pounds was ahead of us. They asked her how much she weighed and she told them. They were clearly concerned and had a quick confab about it.

Then they brought around a huge Belgian draft horse for her. It stood about 8 feet tall and must have weighed close to 2,000 pounds.

It scared the poor woman to death and she left immediately!

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A woman about 5 feet tall and 250 pounds was ahead of us. They asked her how much she weighed and she told them. They were clearly concerned and had a quick confab about it.

Then they brought around a huge Belgian draft horse for her. It stood about 8 feet tall and must have weighed close to 2,000 pounds.

Saw the same thing happen in Colorado. I believe we heard the horse breathe a sigh of relief when she left!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2906 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Normal humans should not weigh more than 2 pound per inch! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That could seriously affect the balance of the aircraft as well. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1672 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the weight limit signs in elevators- 20 people or 3000 lbs. What a joke…20 Americans will weigh at least 4000lbs, probably more. Now 20 Somalis or Ethiopians might fall within the limit. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck on the fact she could have got an upgrade to First Class for only $3000.00. I would take that deal.

Posts: 796 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Not really such a good deal for a one way ticket. QA doesn’t have first class seats on most flights, only business and coach. Business class round trip from the states to Africa are about $4500 now, so a one way from Beirut to São Paulo for $3000 is no bargain. That said, I doubt she would fit completely within a business seat but at least the fat rolls won’t hang over into someone else’s seat. animal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not really such a good deal for a one way ticket. QA doesn’t have first class seats on most flights, only business and coach. Business class round trip from the states to Africa are about $4500 now, so a one way from Beirut to São Paulo for $3000 is no bargain. That said, I doubt she would fit completely within a business seat but at least the fat rolls won’t hang over into someone else’s seat. animal

Doc,

Does she fit in one of your seats?

What would you do if you had her come to have a tooth worked on? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t work on her tooth as I wasn’t a dentist. That said, she would exceed the weight limit for most chairs!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
My apologies.

Thought you were a dentist.

A New Zealand friend, who is a dentist, said he would send her next door to him.

In there is a camel vet! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Moby Dick's big sister" ......

Dammit - now I have to replace my keyboard as I spit coffee all over it when I read that LOL!!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to a hockey game one night and had the misfortune of setting next to this ones bigger--much bigger sister. She was so fat her butt was higher than the arms on the chair and protruded into my space. My grandson was with me and he just giggled and wouldn't trade seats with me.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I honestly cannon imagine getting so fat, even if I tried.

Saw a report a while back of a young girl, who wanted to be the fattest person on earth.

Her boyfriend was feeding her, while she was lying in bed!

I wonder how they participate in the main activity! clap

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I'm 60 and am already dealing with one worn out knee and know I really need to lose 20lbs or so to get back to my comfortable weight and reduce the impact on my joints.

Do these people actually believe they even will make it to 60? I fail understand this belief that it is OK to be fat - this "body acceptance bullshit".

Hell I know I need to lose 20lbs and make no excuses - being happy at that weight is basically committing suicide...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how they participate in the main activity!

We'll leave that to your imagination, Saeed! You might also refer to the head caption of this particular post to give you further ideas! rotflmo clap Keeping it African themed! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
I wonder how they participate in the main activity!

We'll leave that to your imagination, Saeed! You might also refer to the head caption of this particular post to give you further ideas! rotflmo clap Keeping it African themed! rotflmo

What does one expect from someone living in Sin City!

You are absolutely, positively, disgusting!

Bloody hell, imagine her other half is just as big as her!

I will have to see if I can find some mating hippos next time I am in Africa! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does one expect from someone living in Sin City!

You are absolutely, positively, disgusting!

Bloody hell, imagine her other half is just as big as her!

I will have to see if I can find some mating hippos next time I am in Africa!

Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker rotflmo clap

Damn, Saeed, you're hilarious! We have our share of both native and non-native pods of gold medal critters right here in the desert. Imagine that-Desert hippos! You can really get a glimpse of them when you go to a buffet and watch them slowly waddle in, and then listen to them as they are eating-grunting and calling back and forth. Makes me want to reach for my 375 H&H with Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solids! rotflmo Oh, the political correctness of this all! (FU-political correctness, the tool of the devil). Big Grin By the way, the very worst thing is the smell of their butt juice, especially when in close proximity(like on an airplane at 37K feet) and you can't escape! Oh, the odor! Now, THAT'S DISGUSTING! rotflmo clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have known a few over size women.

Luckily, all had a great sense of humor.

We used to spend a lot of time at a sailing club.

One particular American lady always called me UNMITIGATED BASTARD!

I used to call her MY BEACHED WHALE!

When a family comes with small kids, I used to promise them ice cream if they can find the BEACHED WHALE.

Normally, that lady is lying on the beach.

I tell the kids that she knows where the whale is.

So off the run to her, and ask her WHERE IS THE BEACHED WHALE!

One day someone broke a glass on the concrete veranda.

They had a hard job clearing all the little pieces.

I suggested we roll her on there.

The glass pieces are far too small to reach her body, as the blubber was so thick!

People couldn’t understand it, as we would sit enjoying lunch together.

She would come to my house for dinner!

She is back in the US.

But we still keep in touch with WhatsApp!

Her husband, who she met here, says her and me are the craziest individuals he has ever met!

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Does anyone argue with the husband?

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I would like to see is an airline that operates customer service like they did in the 50’s.

Large seats, dress code, pleasant staff, none of the cattle car class, and behavior at the airport like they did back then- none of the intrusive TSA stuff and such.

Kind of like private aviation now.

Posts: 11025 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!

So the shrink is going to tell her SHE IS FAT!

And must come to terms with it?? clap

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Saeed, i am thinking that they will not tell her that she is fat, they will come up with something else. I am not sure what like plus sized or super sized or well endowed.

A doctor would only need to give her the new weight chart. The color coded one, that would point out that she is morbidly obese. Just then would she correlate her weight to her height to see where she fits in to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1627 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Supposedly that blob is a model. What does she model, circus tents?? barf

one of us
posted Hide Post
When you buy your seat you are buying that space. The carriers need to respect and enforce that.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
When you buy your seat you are buying that space. The carriers need to respect and enforce that.

100%!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree 100%.

Except for all the smoked brisket, pinto beans, roasted potatoes and cole slaw I ate on Christmas Day! Big Grin

Luckily, it’s only once a year.

Not every day until I take up two seats! thumbdown

Mike

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I brought up the horseback riding example because I saw it happen.

We went riding one day at a stable nearby.

That is a good solution.
but you would need a crane to get her on it. My experience with draft horses is the are usually very gentle.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote