New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skymile Tickets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone been confronted with the Delta people wanting 120,000 miles to the Cape? We were told that the first tier tickets were gone and it took the 120,000 miles to get the next tickets. Is this just a ploy to screw you out of a ticket after you get your 80,000 miles?

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used 120,000 miles to fly Business Class last year. I had Continental Miles and they ended up booking me on a Northwest flight. I booked the tickets 11 months out though.

I don't think it is a ploy. They will only have a few seats for the 80,000 miles.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My timing sucked. On the day I planned to book my Skymiles tickets, it was at 80K for Coach. I was not able to get it booked at that moment and just a few hours later the redemption cost had gone up to 160K for Coach and this was 10 months out. It ended up dropping back down to 130K and I am still in coach. But, the bottom line is...
I am going back to Africa.

Posts: 26 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote