New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique flights?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning a Safari to Mozambique, I have never visited Mozambique before so I would welcome any suggestions on the quickest cheapest flights. I shall be departing from Winnipeg, Canada, cheers.

Posts: 137 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I'm departing from Calgary and doing london-Joburg-Beira. 9 hour layover in London and 5 hours in Joburg. Is there direct flights out of the Peg to London or Frankfurt? Not sure about prices because I use Aeroplan points.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always have to fly Wpg to Montreal or Toronto then Heathrow, Amsterdam or Frankfort then to Joberg. The this time is cost! I am quoted nearly $4000 to get to Quelimane when 2months ago I paid $1400 to get to Joberg!

Posts: 137 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Can you guys not fly Canada to ATL or Dulles and on to JNB?

We do ATL-JNB to Pemba Mozambique...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim
Yes we can, that is why I want to explore all my options and try to find the cheapest flight with the shortest overall traveling time. It has been suggested I fly Wpg, Toronto, Amsterdam, Nairobi, Quelimane but I find $3,800,00 a lttle steep!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim, its faster to do Frankfurt/London-Joburg from Calgary/Canada. Going thru Atlanta is a stop in Toronto plus the overnight in Atlanta. I haven't done that route since pre-9/11 but I would think there would be some gun paperwork for an overnight in the States as well.

John, Calgary has direct flights to Frankfurt and London, come a little west instead of having to go through Toronto.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Where are you arriving in Mozambique? A direct flight from RSA via SA Air would be ideal.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I just checked out flightnetwork.com and they had Calgary-Joburg flights for around $1700. They were $900-$1000 cheaper than Orbitz or Expedia.

I couldn't use air miles for the Joburg-Beira leg of my trip and that cost $580 with SAA. That would be around $2400 round trip from Calgary.

When are you going?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Steve Turner with Travel with Guns. You won't regret it.

Posts: 10112 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 for Steve Turner. Save yourself what seems to be hours and hours of looking here and there and still wondering. Steve will most likely be able to get you set up in less than an hour and a couple of phone calls.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
+++++1 for Steve Turner. He was great for us !!

Posts: 503 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
http://www.travelwithguns.com/

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
KLM to Amsterdam then to Joberg . The quickest and cheapest.