THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Which Electric Adapter for Namibia??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Electric Adapter for Namibia??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have seen stores offering a adapters for Namibia with both 2 round prongs, and 3 round prongs. Are both used in Namibia?

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Most are 3 pin but take both as there are a few two pin around in places such as hotels etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask your PH to be sure!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was there a couple of years ago, the camp I was in used a three prong plug with large round prongs.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the answers you have received are good, and unfortunately you just never know what you will need in any given hotel / lodge / camp / airport. Taking the full set makes sense, but is heavy and bulky. I've gotten in the habit of taking a small 12V power converted, that plugs into a cigarette lighter. You can charge almost anything you need, and no matter where you are there will be a car to use. The only exception is when waiting in airports.
Good Luck.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Most outfitters/PH's will have at least one "universal" converter plug that will accept either US or European plugs and plug into whatever outlet they have. I always bring a short (3 or 6 foot) extension cord with 3 receptacles on the end to allow charging more than one low amperage device (mobile phone, iPod, or camera).

That being said, Namibia seems to have broadly adopted the South African plug with three large cylindrical prongs.

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The two & three round-pronged plugs for Namibia & RSA are the exact same plugs as used in Germany, Ausria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France & Holland; net, the better part of Continetal Europe.

Only difference between the two is the third prong which is the ground.

The older round versions of this plug may not fit into the newer flat shaped two-pronged ones but if you have a flat one it will fit both.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote