THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Canada drops Covid testing for entry for vaccinated people.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada drops Covid testing for entry for vaccinated people.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
With Canada's pre-entry testing requirement for fully vaccinated individuals crossing the land border officially being dropped today, casual travel between Canada and the United States is expected to become much easier.

This will essentially "reunite" the citizens from both countries who were separated the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

But despite Canada's testing requirement change, other requirements still remain in place for Americans and Canadians looking to cross the border.

Being fully vaccinated is one of those requirements, North Country Chamber of Commerce President Garry Douglas said at a Chamber event Wednesday.

"From my understanding, fully vaccinated means they require the first two shots... but the booster is an addition, it's not a requirement," Douglas told the Press-Republican.

https://news.yahoo.com/canadia...l?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of a couple of days ago British Columbia had additional provincial requirements. I’m hoping these are dropped in the vet near future as I’m not crazy about being one of the “random” travelers chosen for testing upon arrival with a 3 hour connection. Don’t care for the “Arrive Canada” program either, but I’m sure that’s here to stay.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2813 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but, I gather Canadians will still have to present a negative test or evidence of recent vaccination to enter the US ?

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1620 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-co...trictions/exemptions

“Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.”

Land, air, and water crossings all included. Glad to finally be done with the testing requirement to get there.

Testing to enter or return to US is still required unfortunately:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...-during-covid19.html

“When you travel to the United States by air, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before you board your flight.“

Posts: 155 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We're hoping that the testing requirements prior to entering the US will end before we return from our vacation in June.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers to that Frank, fingers crossed!

Posts: 155 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote