THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Steri-Pen Defender H2O Purifier

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steri-Pen Defender H2O Purifier
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend has offer to loan me his Steri-Pen Defender for our trip to Zim is it worth taking up extra space????
If so is it in your carry on?
Thanks

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zephyr
I wish I had one when I was there last year. Water out of the tap in camp was just river water that had been filtered. Not usable even to brush your teeth with. They did provide bottled water but I think they reused the bottles and boiled the drinking water. They don't weigh that much and I will be taking one next year with me.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
They don't take up much space at all and yes, you should take it.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
YES!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked with a couple of special ops guys who were getting ready to chase pirates in Somalia and they said that they would not be without their SteriPens. Good enough for me, don't leave home without it.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote