Find
Notify
Tools

Safari store in Windhoek?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
I put this question on the safari section, but then thought it might go better here. I'll be in Windhoek for two days before going out on safari. Are there any stores not to be missed?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Holtz are the biggest on safari clothes and items i think.
quote:
situated on Street Level in the Kalahari Sands Hotel Building in the heart of Windhoek City and in the mainroad of Swakopmund

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Rosenthal's in Windhoek is the oldest and best known gun shop. Very Germanic, they only stock the top names. Just outside town in a light industrial area is Ahren's, which is in the process of expanding.

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Went to Holtz last year, it seems like I remember another store of like kind in Windhoek. Maybe I'm just seeing the early stages of a senior moment.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At Rosenthal's be prepared for high dollar prices. After my luggage was lost three years ago my PH took me there to buy .300WSM ammo, 40 rounds cost me $160.00 USD. Eeker

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote