Find
Notify
Tools

Italy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted
Has anyone spent any time either before or after a safari in Italy?

My father may go on my 09 Zim safari as an observer and would like to stop in Italy if at all possible.

Are there any issues with brining rifles into the country?

Are there any issues with coming from or going to Zimbabwe when entering or exiting Italy?

This would be a first time international flight for either of us.

I know I need to talk to a travel agent but would like to bounce it of any board members first.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for the entry w/ firearms, it has been couple decades since I was there, but can tell you at that time, not an easy thing to do.(Red Brigade/Balogna,etc.) As for places to visit, would highly suggest Venice for it is indeed beautiful and speaks of all that ancient Italy is/was. If you like shopping some fantastic shops of all sorts, highest quality, amazing scenery. Restuarants are world class and very relaxed atmosphere in all respects. The times I was there able to tour most of the country and there are many very nice places to visit, but Venice seems to overshadow the others in my mind. Good luck

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
+1 On Venice. Although the water is beyond polluted, its still a great place to visit. Just don't order pizza and do buy Italian Ice. Best sherbet/ice cream I've ever tasted.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote