New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Africa Does It Again!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Someone I know sent me a message from Cape Town, where he took his family and kids for a holiday.

They smashed the window on his car, and stole everything, including some nice cameras!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone should have told your friend about the crime rate in Africa. Roll Eyes

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was he asking for money to help get home?

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not making excuses for RSA thugs, but had this same thing happen in Nova Scotia, when at a site seers site. and back a few years, when in Ireland, was told by the proprietor of a B&B, bring in everything out of your car, you're in Ireland now, and it's full of thieves. And I live mot far from DC, and Baltimore, and sure wouldn't leave my car setting in places in those two cities.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tysue:
Not making excuses for RSA thugs, but had this same thing happen in Nova Scotia, when at a site seers site. and back a few years, when in Ireland, was told by the proprietor of a B&B, bring in everything out of your car, you're in Ireland now, and it's full of thieves. And I live mot far from DC, and Baltimore, and sure wouldn't leave my car setting in places in those two cities.

I am sure it could happen anywhere, but South Africa way ahead on crimes!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You obviously have not been to Baltimore or Chcago.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icafrica:
You obviously have not been to Baltimore or Chcago.

yuck that is so true!

I was planning on taking the lady friend on a trip to South Africa this year, from Cape Town to Pretoria, with some time in Kruger or Vic Falls. I dropped the plans due to all the crime and attack incidents in South Africa these days. There are easier places to take her for her first African trip...

Like taking her along to Zambia in the near future!

Posts: 3912 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

In San Francisco it is epidemic. California passed laws that you have to prove that the items stolen were worth over $950 to even have the police arrest someone. Even if they break the windows you have to prove in court that you actually locked the doors. They won't even take the fact that you pushed the lock button and the car beeped that is was locked, you have to have had more than one person actually look to see that the door locks worked.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

In San Francisco it is epidemic. California passed laws that you have to prove that the items stolen were worth over $950 to even have the police arrest someone. Even if they break the windows you have to prove in court that you actually locked the doors. They won't even take the fact that you pushed the lock button and the car beeped that is was locked, you have to have had more than one person actually look to see that the door locks worked.

You forgot to add that, here in California, theft of a firearm isn't a felony now, unless the gun was worth over $950. The idiots running this state have lost their collective minds.

Posts: 3912 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote