New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parking near DFW
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going to Namibia for two weeks and am driving from Oklahoma to DFW and leaving from there. Does any one know of a hotel/motel that would allow you to leave your vehicle in their parking lot while you are gone? If not, what is the least expensive alternative?

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look into the extended stay parking around DFW, i believe there are several. That would probably be your cheapest option.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I see this place a lot when I drive around the airport:
http://www.theparkingspot.com/...PvorYCFeyPPAodhGYASw

If you are leaving soon, the extra two bucks a day for a covered spot is probably worth it. Hail season is here

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
I see this place a lot when I drive around the airport:
http://www.theparkingspot.com/...PvorYCFeyPPAodhGYASw

If you are leaving soon, the extra two bucks a day for a covered spot is probably worth it. Hail season is here

I never used them at DFW, but did numerous times in Phoenix and was very happy with the service and security.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the DFW Airport North Marriott, in Irving Tx,

Phone NO: 972-9298800. About a mile from airport,

They have longterm free parking..

Butch

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rent a carfrom Ok. to DFW and back cost should not be more then 100 bucks total for two rentals.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We always park in one of the DFW Airport Remote Lots (one on north and south end of airport), cost is $7.00 or $8.00 a day and has shuttle service to terminals. Done it 10 or 15 times and never had a problem, you can check availability on your smart phone or ipad. We used one of the off site parking lots (the parking spot) and had to wait around an hour for their shuttle so don't park there anymore.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2907 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the online reservation with the parkingspot.com
Had a discount online prepay thing, I think.
No waiting for shuttle, when we left w/got 4 free bottle of cold bottle water!
This was at IAH

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbogobutch:
Try the DFW Airport North Marriott, in Irving Tx,

Phone NO: 972-9298800. About a mile from airport,

They have longterm free parking..

Butch

I've done this several times when going to Alaska. For the price of a one-night stay, it's pretty cheap, but check their shuttle service schedule versus your departure. There are others nearby but some charge.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote