THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Lost guns/luggage......this might work......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost guns/luggage......this might work......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know enough about this to comment, but it MIGHT solve a lot of problems......

trakdot

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Should have had one of those on that Malaysian 777!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone used one of these devices? Looks like a great idea.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Wouldnt it be the same to put your iPhone in your case and track it via iCloud ?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had 2 initial thoughts/concerns. First, will it work in say, South Africa, other African countries? Second, assuming it does work, and your suitcase is misplaced or, even worse, stolen, would the owner be able to get/convince anyone in the legal establishment to help recover it?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to buy to put in my gun case when I go to Zim, according to the website it should work everywhere but South Korea and Japan. for $89.95 that is awful cheap compared to losing a double or even one day of hunting.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a great idea until I read this:

Zero Halliburton brief cases or metal cases or metal luggage of any type, can severely attenuate the cellular system and compromise reporting.

So it won't work in my guncase. Maybe it would if you used a Pelican or a Toughpack.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote