THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Another STUPID Reaction From A Hotel To Firearms!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another STUPID Reaction From A Hotel To Firearms!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
More and more wankers crawling out from under their rocks.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
One more reason I never travel through England or fly on British air when traveling from the states to Africa.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason why I like to travel with my take-down rifles in the stubby tuffpak case..."Oh, sir, going on a photo safari, I see "

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
By law, hotels must have an approved firearm safe to store guests firearms. I guess this hotel did not have a safe. It is up to the guest to check if the hotel has a firearm safe.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.... 'they said it was illegal to have a shotgun in a hotel'.....

What utter crap!

There's a whale of a difference between 'illegal' and the hotel not having the proper storage facilities for firearms.

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Complete bullshit. Like thousands of foreign hunters I hunted in UK many times and never had any troubles with hotels.
I always kept my rifle in my room. First of all to clean and have it handy early in the morning to leave long before
breakfast is served. In Scotland as a rule we wandered in town with a shouldered rifle to meet the keeper without attracting any attention.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Buy the hotel and fire the staff. Give it a better persona and make gun travel safer for us gunfolk.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbderunz:
Complete bullshit. Like thousands of foreign hunters I hunted in UK many times and never had any troubles with hotels.
I always kept my rifle in my room. First of all to clean and have it handy early in the morning to leave long before
breakfast is served. In Scotland as a rule we wandered in town with a shouldered rifle to meet the keeper without attracting any attention.

So from your individual experiences in different hotels and locations, you declare that this did not happen because it didn't happen to you?

The really stupid ones in the episode were the cops detaining her for 4 hours.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
Originally posted by jbderunz:

So from your individual experiences in different hotels and locations, you declare that this did not happen because it didn't happen to you?

The really stupid ones in the episode were the cops detaining her for 4 hours.

Gatogordo

Yes my own experiences . But among my 7 hunting partners, at least 3 are hunting in UK every year (grouse, deer, roe, fallow, snipe, pheasant and never have any trouble. A lots of French hunt in UK and I am not aware of any problem. Not at all related in hunting magazines.

I think that the hotel owner is dumb and the policemen incompetent.

J B de Runz

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

in my experience and my client's experiences the UK is not anti gun anymore than anywhere else. I do think that if that particular hotel has a no gun policy it could be their personal policy or its staff feels it is somehow illegal to have guns in your room it maybe an issue of ignorance on the staff's part rather than a UK problem. As it has been said though why would the police detain her for 4 hours? Perhaps they are victims of ignorance also or perhaps they are just idiots.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Mark
Sound words.
Hunting in GB is big biz And a way of living.

I exprime strong reservations on petty chiefs in airports, in GB and in Europe. They doesn't know
International rules and sometimes harass hunters........ till they let go to respect time schedule.
Petty they, petty they remain.
The best move is to bring wives along. Should the prick want to strand hunters, when he's informed that the wives should stay with their spouses, that means that all luggage have to be disembarked to sort out the wives' luggage.

J B de Runz