New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Insurance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering how many of you get travel/trip cancellation insurance? How about medvac insurance?
Do you get it from your travel agent, thru SCI or elsewhere? Any tips or pitfalls to watch out for?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a number of companies to choose from for travel insurance. As with all insurance contracts, the biggest issue is what they cover or what they exclude. DO NOT BUY ON PRICE ALONE. All insurance contracts are not created equally. Personally, I was shocked to learn that most, if not all of these policies exclude bankruptcy of the outfitter!

For medical evacuation, care must be exercised as well. Some will get you at the closest international airport. Others will pluck you out of the bush. If you are hurt, that is a massive difference and it could be costly.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
For medvac insurance I go with global rescue.

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
While you at it, don't forget Gun Ins.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
While you at it, don't forget Gun Ins.

Seriously check your insurance for coverage of your firearms --- it seems that the airlines are getting very close or maybe already there as to not providing much if any coverage. I "thought" I was well covered with my homeowner's insurance as I had specifically looked at that issue a few years ago.
Well-------my insurance had changed hands and I was now under another carrier with minimal coverage --- like $1500 total --
I had to buy an additional policy to cover my artillery ---UGH!

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Try the site below:

http://www.insuremytrip.com

We ended up using CSA Travel Protection. We wrecked our rental truck running away from a pissed off elephant in the Chobe Park and had zero problems getting the claim paid.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Click on the Travel Guard ad on the bottom of the link below and you can design your own policy with your own exclusions/exclusions and get everything from straight travel cover to medivac and everything in between.

http://www.shakariconnection.c...ravel-insurance.html