New
Find
Notify
Tools

rifles with Airlink
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone have RECENT experience with getting approval to check your rifles on an Airlink flight from Joburg to Port Elizabeth and back. I have had no luck getting any type of email back from Airlink the only thing I get is contact your travel agent. contacted our agent and she said that Airlink does not send an email the info is taken when the reservation is made and she did ask for our rifle info type,serial number caliber when she booked for us. any thoughts? just trying to make sure when we show up there at 5:00 am for our flight they do not say we do not have any info about that.

Posts: 203 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have flown with Firearms on Airlink several times, and as recently as last Nov, and She is exactly right.
The booking Travel Agent needs to enter your Firearms info in with Airlink, and all seems to take care of itself from there.

also... your Ammo must be in a separate locked container from your rifle and luggage.

They don't charge extra for the ammo box, but it can't be in your
luggage or gun case.
and yes they will charge you extra to handle guns.

They took either CC or Rands for payment.

Its a bit of a pain, but gets done quite nicely.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Terry, now I know for sure everything else is handled including the info for over weight baggage and they did tell me that the rifle handling charge is 500 Rands per rifle even if they are in one case (crazy) but everyone wants a cut of the pie

Posts: 203 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I do my own notification every year and have never had an issue. I get a response in 1-3 days.

I use this email address

e-ticketing@flyairlink.com

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 885 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave that is the email I use and only get a form letter back and then told to contact my travel agent. Jennifer@ Travel Express has the info from them from the original booking so all is good now