Find
Notify
Tools

Latest on 4457
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Can you use the form off the US CBP website or do you need to use one at the local office they have on hand?

Also, does RSA still look for expiration dates? Since they have been removed from the form.

We leave mid-June, should I wait until 6 months or less prior to update my 4457s?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3056 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
What i do is down load the latest 4457 and fill it out.

I have all the information in the correct lines.

I place the completed form in my gun case and when I arrive at CBP all they have to do in open the case and verify the serial number is correct. They stamp and sign the form and put it back in the gun case.

I also have the bolt out of the rifle. I usually leave the bolt at home when i go to the office.

Some locations will set up an appointment time for you, that way to know when to arrive.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1591 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote