New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meds thru dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am traveling thru Dubai on the way to zambia this july. We lay over one day on way in and a couple days on the way home. I have read horror stories of folks getting arrested for prescription drugs.
I take daily injections of testosterone. I also travel with dilaudid, for kidney stones. As well as excedrin for headaches and as of two weeks ago crestor amd lopressor. Any idea of how to find out exactly what I can take.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Brent, I’m far from an expert but when I traveled to Zambia via Dubai last fall, the advice I was given was to make sure any prescription meds were in current, original prescription bottles with my name on them. You’re taking quite a bit more prescription meds so perhaps a letter from your doctor on letterhead, explaining your medical condition would be helpful? Just a thought.

I was never checked anywhere, Dubai, Lusaka or San Francisco. By the way, simple Benadryl is not allowed in Zambia. Might want to keep that in mind.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Don't fret about it.
I travel with insulin, and several pills, needles, etc. Never a problem but some inspections do look at the meds. My name is on all bottles/boxes/cotnainers so it's all legit.
Have your travel agent notify the airines.

The only problems I've heard of (never seen) is folks who travel 1) with other's meds, 2) thier meds don't have their name on the container, or 3) buy lots of meds in (say) South Africa to save money and have a large quantity with out a name on it (testosterone can be bought over the coutner in SA or Zim).

As a last thought, your doc can write a short note on his letterhead stating the medications you are on.

Good luck. I don't foresee any issues.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might look here for some guidance...

http://www.uae-embassy.org/sit...cines%20to%20UAE.pdf

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went through with two prescriptions last year with no problems. They were in the original containers and current.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has nothing to do with drugs, but I used to always carry a zip lock bag of baking soda for my footwear on hunting trips. I would always have the note from TSA that they had gotten into my luggage.

About four years ago I started taking a small plastic bottle of Gold Bond poweder and TSA has not been back in my bags since.

Call me a slow learner!

Posts: 801 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with Dubai and prescription drugs, even boarding and coming off planes with daily injectables in carry on luggage. Just have prescription details.

DRSS

Posts: 1909 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is funny!!

quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
This has nothing to do with drugs, but I used to always carry a zip lock bag of baking soda for my footwear on hunting trips. I would always have the note from TSA that they had gotten into my luggage.

About four years ago I started taking a small plastic bottle of Gold Bond poweder and TSA has not been back in my bags since.

Call me a slow learner!

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote