New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRRRR AIR FRANCE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Remember back, not so long ago, that Air France was realtively simple carrier to go on with hunting guns. Well, maybe not anymore...

Four weeks ago I made the first call and gave them the caliber and gauge, the dimesions of the gun case and the weight with the guns in the case. Same goes with the ammo. "Cool," they said, call back in two days.

I did, and found out they didn't send the right format to paris and I gave them the info again.

Three more phone calls and still no approval.
Then, just last Thursday, they wanted to know, again, the dimensions of the ammo box the weight. Gave it to them and was told no problem.

Yesterday I called, and asked about approval and nothing has come through. I was told to call again today, which i did, and still nothing.

I'm supposed to leave Sunday morning. Anyone have any clues as to how to get through to someone? I'm told a "supervisor" is trying.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nkonka

I had no problem with Air France in January but Gracy Travel sent me a form which I returned to them and they handled it from there. Sorry you are having a problem. Good Luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12902 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, the good news first. By the Grace of God, St. Peter, St. Michael and Joan of Arc, Air France has, as on 8a.m. ECT, granted the necessary whatevers to bring place my guns in the hold of their aircraft.

Here's the headscratcher-- I was told by the informant that I should have been told that permissions are granted only a few days before departing so all those calls were really unnecessary.

Guess it's my own fault, i booked on-line to save $700, didn't follow my own advice of always going through an agent for international travel.

Mark-- I heard they turned the water on in the irrigation canals and muddied up the Shoshone.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nkonka,

Phew! Glad to hear all is cool with Air France. I hate last minute problems particularly when I think I've done my homework.

Yeah! Ditch water is on and nasty but everything is way green. Nice here in the high desert right now.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12902 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote