New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightweight gun case
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys, I need a recommendation. I just recieved my baggage restrictions for Air Namibia. It seems the rifle case limit is 33 lbs. Is there a strong case out there that can hold two rifles and possibly come in under 33 lbs?

Posts: 63 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gazi
The stongest lightest cases on the market are made by Zero Halliburton.
I have a double rifle case it's light weight and tough as nails.they are a bit expensive, but worth it.
Good Luck
Dangerous Dave

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 470 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
The TUFFPAK weighs only 17 pounds (Pelican Case is 29 pounds?) and is capable of carrying 3 scoped rifles and gear. Best guncase on the market, for many reasons. Mine has done more than a dozen international trips and been all over Africa. Go to the website and read reviews by Boddington, Coogan, etc.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may want to look at some golf club travel cases. They are similar to the Tuffpak and way cheaper. One of the members here mentioned it in his trip report, but I don't remember who. The one he had was light and worked well for him. I have an SKB golf club travel case, but it weighs about 24 pounds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the TuffPak

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From the Air Namibia web site:
Special Luggage
AIR NAMIBIA offers it passengers the transport of one Golfbag of up to 15 kg, or one rifle case for hunters not exceeding 10 kg. We kindly request our passengers to notify us of any Special Luggage that they will carry.

BUT, if you are traveling on a single connecting flights ticket, from the US don't the baggage rules of the issueing airline prevail? What does your travel agents have to say?

les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gazi,
I checked my 47.5 pound Cabelas' heavy duty case with two rifles from Atlanta via Delta direct to Windeok through Gatwick without issue.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote