New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight Dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be traveling mid April on Emirates and have to overnight on way to Namibia. Any suggestions for sites to see in the extra hours I have between flights. Kind of a circuitous route from the North Pole.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have overnight-ed in Dubai on several occasion normal you arrive in the PM and depart in the AM . If you have a day to sight see you should hire a guide about $300 and or take the helicopter ride You can google the information or call Susan at travel with Guns . Great experience.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went and visited the market areas, it is amazing the number of small shops that are crammed into a relatively small area, really good aquarium at the mall and we did the Burq Kalifha tour...140+ stories up. We were scheduled to do the seaplane tour but it was too windy the first day and, believe it or not, it rained the rest of the time until we left. If you are interested in jewelry or textiles or want to buy a Rolex (or designer handbags or "T" shirts) you'll have lots of opportunities if you visit the markets. Really a good time and we plan on making a return trip.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2770 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote