THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Frankfurt or London Heathrow?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfurt or London Heathrow?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll be booking a flight soon for the middle of next month and am looking at layover options. While I do love my single malts, this time, I'll make my layover decision based on the beer. I've been through FRA a number of times and very much enjoy the German beer I find there. I like it enough to actually go for a longer layover by a couple of hours. However, I've so far never managed to pass through LHR. Is there beer in the airport good enough to forsake Frankfurt?

What say you?

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd say it depends on your preference of English style ales or stouts versus the German pilsners/weizen/bock styles. Let your taste buds be your compass.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dont know for today but i already used LHR,LGW and FRA travelling with firearms and last time in 2006 with BA and LHR and it wasnt that bad ...

now living in Whitehorse if i can ill choose FRA anytime and not only for the beer ...

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No firearms involved this time and I have some flexibility. That's why I'm using a self imposed criteria of great importance for my stop.

As a U.S. microbrew fan, I do love an IPA. This will require some deliberation!

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you've never been that way and can, why not? I'd do the different route!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert, very valid and point taken. Any experience with pints in that 'port? How is the selection on tap? And which establishment is best there? I also hear that Heathrow has a stellar selection of single malts in the duty free. But, I am trying to keep this about the beer. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MIke, never been there.
I'll ask around though.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the winner is: Neither.

The Munich airport has a brewery on site (Airbrau). I've given myself a 3-hour layover to sample the wares.