Find
Notify
Tools

Airlines to Arusha ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which other major airlines other than KLM
go to Arusha from Europe or North America.
Thanks.!!!!

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

There may be other carriers but all our clients either go through Amsterdam on KLM and then direct to Arusha or fly BA through London to Dar and then take a commuter to Arusha.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a few years back we did delta to amsterdam then klm to arusha without incident

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met some german folk while on a Serengeti trip who had come direct from Frankfurt on Condor (or could it be Kondor) - a new operator. Perhaps one of our internet savvy brethren could look this up - I am always interested to hear whether there are alternatives to KLM.

Otherwise as an earlier poster mentioned - you can fly Emirates / BA / Swissair/ SAA / and others to Dar and then Precision Air to Arusha, but a pain if you are hunting Masailand.

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
The only other airline I know of is Ethiopian Airlines from Washington, Dulles International via Addis Ababa.

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive got my frequent flyer miles in the United basket and KLM is not part of their alliance. I dont think of any of the airlines listed so far in this thread are either. Has any one flown to Nairobi with a gun and then taken a local airlinr over to Arusha or Dar ??? I think Luftansa goes to Nairobi.
thanks.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "direct" intl airline into Kilimanjaro (Arusha) are KLM (partnered with Air France, Delta, United [taken over by Delta?]), Condor (twice a week) and Ethiopian (Not usre this is even a choice to consider?).

More choices via Dar and then internal scheduled flight with Precision,regional or one of the myriad smaller schedule companies.

Via Nbo, even more choices and yes you can "transit" NBO with firearms if you are TIA savy otherwise get a "transit agent" and be at peace Big Grin

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
The "direct" intl airline into Kilimanjaro (Arusha) are KLM (partnered with Air France, Delta, United [taken over by Delta?]), Condor (twice a week) and Ethiopian (Not usre this is even a choice to consider?).

More choices via Dar and then internal scheduled flight with Precision,regional or one of the myriad smaller schedule companies.

Via Nbo, even more choices and yes you can "transit" NBO with firearms if you are TIA savy otherwise get a "transit agent" and be at peace Big Grin

What does TIA mean and problems they can cause or solve?

Thanks

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote