THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel with multiple guns and silencers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel with multiple guns and silencers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,
I’ve traveled with guns and multiple (2) rifles many times…
I’ve never had a case with say 1 rifle and 2 handguns
And on top of that I’ve never had a silencer in my case too
Wondering if it is an issue or perhaps more realistically having a random TSA agent cause me problems
Are there rules around perhaps number of guns in a case and or silencers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot depends on which state you travel from or to, international travel is about the same. Silencer Central had a pretty informative section on their website.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
A lot depends on which state you travel from or to, international travel is about the same. Silencer Central had a pretty informative section on their website.

Yeah…. Traveling from one free state to another (TN/TX)
From what I see online it shouldn’t be an issue. I worry about inexperienced agents perhaps more than anything.
Silencer Central says it should be ok ( but maybe have your ATF stamp paperwork just in case….I don’t remember them providing a copy)
I’ve had issues suddenly in last two years or so traveling with guns way more than before

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have photos on my phone if each of my tax stamps, never been asked for proof, but guess that could easily change. If you’re traveling to Texas I’d bet you won’t have a problem at all.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
EVERYTHING about traveling with or without a gun depends on which idiot is at the check in counter. We are at the mercy of idiots who don’t have a clue what the printed regulations actually say or simply chose to ignore those regs and make up their own….. Mad

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
EVERYTHING about traveling with or without a gun depends on which idiot is at the check in counter. We are at the mercy of idiots who don’t have a clue what the printed regulations actually say or simply chose to ignore those regs and make up their own….. Mad

Exactly!

In all my travels, it is the person behind the counter that counts.

Sometimes even their supervisors are idiots.

Insist on seeing someone with authority.

But I understand arguing with TSA morons is illegal in the US?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you fly into a state were suppressors are illegal and you take possession of your case with the suppressor in it you could be in big trouble for having a suppressor in a non legal state. read: jail time and big fine

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hydehunter:
if you fly into a state were suppressors are illegal and you take possession of your case with the suppressor in it you could be in big trouble for having a suppressor in a non legal state. read: jail time and big fine

Yeah…I am not flying into the communist sections of the US….. the only states are CA/NY and a couple other postage stamp neo Marxist Northeast states

I’m flying from TN to TX

one of us
posted Hide Post
and NJ

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote