THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Milwaukee or Chicago to Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milwaukee or Chicago to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have an idea on flight cost from Mke or Chgo to Windhoek. We're traveling the end of July into Aug. Our dates are pretty flexible.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get an idea by using one of the services like kayak.com. Plug in your originating airport code and WDH (Windhoek) as your destination. You can specify a departure/return date and up to three days either side of that date to find the best prices. Right now, everything seems to go through Johannesburg, which typically requires an overnight layover. I prefer the routes through Frankfurt, then direct to Windhoek. The Frankfurt route is faster and avoids the plagues of the JNB tranfer. Return flights through JNB are much faster with no layover, so you might want to consider going through Europe and returning through JNB.

Play on the computer all you wish in getting an idea of flights, but when you get serious, contact Kathy Klimes who posts here on AR. She will get you the best deal on the best route, and will also afford you the wisdom of a seasoned African traveler.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, check pricing of flight to JNB and then JNB to WDH as separate flights and you will see a big difference in pricing. I don't know why that is, but it is what I have noticed in my searches lately.

Jason

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last three years I have gone Durango/Denver/Frankfurt/Windhoek twice and once Albuquerque/Cincinatti/Frankfurt/Windhoek. It's been around $2300 each time.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
come on down to chicago, and take me with you!!!! lol

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I sent Kathi a email today. The clients I'm taking, wanted a rough idea. Thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just go to Vayama.com
It will get you just about any schedule you want and even multi city stops.
I will be from Dallas to Washington Dulles to Joberg and then to Harare the back to joberg an then th Windhoek the back home.
$1999.00
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote