Find
Notify
Tools

African Sky...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
having another great stay at African Sky Guesthouse...Actually flew in with Deidre and Scott (I know spelled wrong) the owners as they had been in Vegas. We have had a wonderful meal, good drinks and a cigar, and will be off to Malapati tomorrow. This place really has become a nice part of all my trips to Africa. It is a great place to settle in after that grueling flight, and you know you will be well taken care of and eat like a king.

It was funny to be the only group in the SAPS office to clear guns! I guess that is what happens in Feb. African Sky had our gun permits done and we were in and out in 5 minutes. Nice to run into Johnnie Johnson from Kambako Safaris while we were there.

If you haven't stayed here, you really should give it a try...off to bed.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Tim
Wait for a big one. You know they are around.

Good Luck beer

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I'm pulling for you Tim. Please give my best to Nixon and the team.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked to stay at Africa Sky May 15th. Looking forward to it. Great people!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I have return reservations for August. Great food - Mozambique shrimp!!!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Great to hear the positive reports on Africa Sky Guest House as I
am booked there for Mar 26th.

Good luck on your hunt Tim!

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I stayed there last June it was very nice, we will be using them again next March.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Stayed there myself last year..hard to beat!

Tim, keep us posted on the Safari.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will be there may 12 and 13. always great to return for another stay

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Tim. Russell and I will stay there again in September.

Good luck.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife & I spent 2 nites there in Aug.
Diedre & staff are excellent.
I got to watch her youg son who had been playing in the mud chase her around trying to get her muddy also, quite funny, mischeivious little bugger.
Good hunting Tim, look forward to your report.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Thinking of staying at the African Sky Guesthouse my next trip over. I have always stayed at the Afton House on prior journeys.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 871 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Is this the one you all are referencing?

http://www.africasky.co.za/

The reason I ask is because there is Africa Sky and African Sky and when I do a search looks like a few different establishments have the same name?

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 871 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper:
Is this the one you all are referencing?

http://www.africasky.co.za/

Sniper;

Yes this is the correct link to the popular spot, along with Afton, to overnight in Jo'burg.

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I thought so just wanted to be sure.

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuckmaxman:

There will be five of us staying there the evening of May 15th with you, before our trip to Windhoek. Be glad to buy you a toddy and talk hunting. Smiler

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote