THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Cape Town Hotel with Gun Safe

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Town Hotel with Gun Safe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Heading to Simons Town and tried most all hotels there looking for one with a gun safe. Would rather stay on south end of Cape town more towards Simons Town and would appreciate any suggestion on where to stay.

As a backup we can go into the Comodore.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When i went to cape town i left my gun with africa sky house. They had someone meet me at the airport in jo-burg on my way to botswana.

Any info on storing guns in cape town would be much appreciated.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As an option we can return to JNB but want to move straight on to Kimberley. If I find a few places I will let you know.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've stayed twice at Cape Heritage Hotel. Lovely property. It's been 5 years or so now, but they had gun safe for my stays.

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since i stayed in Cape Town but the Commodore Hotel near the V&A waterfront had a large walk in safe right behind the front desk.

We left our firearms with them while we toured the Cape for a few days before flying home.

Very nice hotel.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stayed at the Commodore and they indeed have a large walk in safe that I used. It's been at least 10 years since I was there, but assume the safe is still there unless someone stole it!!! Roll Eyes

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
It's been a long time since i stayed in Cape Town but the Commodore Hotel near the V&A waterfront had a large walk in safe right behind the front desk.

We left our firearms with them while we toured the Cape for a few days before flying home.

Very nice hotel.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another option would be to contact a very well known gun shop - Suburban Guns. I'm sure they wouldn't mind locking your guns up for you while you're in Cape Town.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have found Colona Castle in Lakeside, down near False Bay. It is a short drive from the airpot and Simons Town. They have a safe for rifles and golf clubs if need be. More of a B&B but perfect for what we need.

Nicole, one of the owners, has no problem with hunters and was very responsive to our requests. They would even arrange aipport transfers and transfers to the Shark charter if needed. Likely I will be renting a car for the experience.

After our stay I will post a report.

http://www.colonacastle.co.za/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Solved the problem, for the first time in RSA using PH's rifle. I have used it before when my gun was delayed in transit, in fact killed my first head of African game with it Win pre 64 mod 70 30-06.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote