Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to Nairobi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello everyone,
I am a long time daily AR reader, but I rarely post...

I am moving to Nairobi this summer. It will be my 3rd tour in Africa. I was in Niger in 2003-4 and Djibouti from 2006-2009.

I should get there in July. If anybody is there, or passing through in the next couple of years and would like to link up for a drink or a tall tale, shoot me a PM.

Matt

Matt Romagnuolo

Posts: 100 | Location: All over, US Army | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look up ddrhook here on AR -

Don lives in Nairobi (actually Karen ,which I understand is a suburb)and travels quite abit through southern africa.

He can sure show you the town---------

jumping

And we can tell you some great stories on him.

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
look up ddrhook here on AR -

Don lives in Nairobi (actually Karen ,which I understand is a suburb)and travels quite abit through southern africa.

He can sure show you the town---------

jumping

And we can tell you some great stories on him.

+100000000 tu2

Hook is unforgettable company. animal

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
You poor sucker! dancing

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Romag.

We are attempting to find a picture of ddrhook so you will be able to spot him. He is reserved and a bit shy at times.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elton Rambin:
Romag.

We are attempting to find a picture of ddrhook so you will be able to spot him. He is reserved and a bit shy at times.

yuck jumping yuck

Hooker going out for a night on the town. animal

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by Elton Rambin:
Romag.

yuck jumping yuck

Hooker going out for a night on the town. animal

You never have to suffer the unpleasantness of crowded pubs and the like. As Don enters, the other patrons, no matter what state of inebriation they might be, become like animated tooth-paste, squeezing out of doors and windows in rapid haste. If you think that you stand a chance of meeting a nice and pleasant woman, in Don's company, forget it. At his approach, they can be seen departing at high speed, shrieking, leaping over startled lions and stampeding Masaai cattle across the Kenyan plains and bushveld.
When he arrives at ORT, even the Immigration Officers can be seen legging it down the freeway. animal jumping

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
And all the warthogs & bushpigs in the area will be leading the charge! Eeker rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
And all the warthogs & bushpigs in the area will be leading the charge! Eeker rotflmo

With looks like those, hogs are easy to get, when they see him, they faint dead away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
with fucking friends like you guys a man dam sure don't need no enemies. stump fuck all of ya'll. if saeed would not delete it i would show you pics. of the sweat 27yr old i'm dating now.....

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
tu2 clap jumping clap tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Damn!! Sure pulled the cat's tail that time? Roll Eyes jumping

Ahh Don, I am of the opinion that you are indeed fortunate to have such good mates who look out for you. tu2

BTW, you can send the pics of your little honey directly to my e-mail. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know bush pigs got that old? Is that in people or porcine years? Ice down some beer and fire up the braai, I will be in Jo'burg tomorrow evening at 5. Btw, Don, frank is bringing a replacement for that piece of gear that Org ran overSmilerSmilerSmiler

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook
Does that 27 year old have a flat head and no teeth?
A match made in heaven
Bring her around the casa next time you are in my town.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
A cropped version of this is now my FB avatar.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
if saeed would not delete it i would show you pics. of the sweat 27yr old i'm dating now.....

hook, how long does it take to blow her up?
By the way, is she sweet or sweat?

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be here in July and I'm in Karen also--I think I remember meeting the man, the myth, the legend who has the moniker of Hook--in fact I'm pretty sure I was drinking with him and his identical twins(could've swore by nights end there were 3 of him sitting across from me!!!) Maybe we can entice him away from his "sweaty pie" girlfriend to come join us for a lemonade or two. Shoot me an email csutton7@comcast.net when you get here---oh yea I'm pretty sure Hook invited a couple of chiquitas(kenyaitas) to join us for a round or two of nuclear physics and brain surgery discussion and they were pretty "sweat"!!!! Hook we need to have another discussion session, when I can get some free time....

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Matt,

I'm in Nairobi more often than Djibouti, and if we were able to get together in Djibouti then Nairobi is a no-brainer. I'll give you a heads up before my next trip.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink - look forward to seeing you again.
CS Sutton - I'll drop you a line when I get closer.
Don - thanks for getting in touch, hope to see you soon. Should be able to recognize you from the pics above...

Really looking forward to the tour...getting my housing squared away now.

Matt

Matt Romagnuolo

Posts: 100 | Location: All over, US Army | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
You've got Nairobi National Park right there. From my last visit to the park:

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote