New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do it yourself in NY
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had experience self clearing trophies with F&W in NY?

Posts: 74 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since you show a location in Maryland why not clear them in Baltimore. I use Baltimore several times a year and dead easy. A friend tried in Chicago & had to get a broker

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with Kebco. I have cleared all five of my trophy shipments through BWI myself. Customs and USFWS are in the same building. Done in less than 60 minutes.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree with you and have done it will be doing it day after Christmas as we have trophies there now and that's a long story that needs telling. But this time we are going to Pakistan and being an optimist hope we have some trophies to clear on our return. They tell us we will be able to bring them with us as luggage. We can't find flights that put us in Baltimore during working hours for F&W, that's our dilemma. But there are flights that put us in Pakistan and return us when we want but they are from NY. This is the reason for the question. Other ideas would be welcome. We live
about 25 miles north of Baltimore so Baltimore or Dulles is OK. But thanks for your thoughts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forget Dulles. No FWS clearance agents there, as I understand it.

Give Inspector Cockey a call at BWI (google the FWS number there) and ask her IF you can bring the trophies with you and, if so, how to do the legal clearance. I've found her squared away and helpful.

Best of the Season,
Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWI is easy, both inspectors go out of their way to be helpful. I know Chicago is almost impossible for you to clear on your own, they go out of there way to make it difficult. I would call F&W in NY and ask their procedure.
As Tim mentioned Dulles (IAD) is not a F&W port of entry

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We done it. F&W had been contacted prior to our trip and we were told too Fax a form they provided 48 hours prior to our arrival which was done by a family member. Our flight arrived about 8 AM on Tuesday morning Feb 11. One of the agents at customs called F&W before we had a chance to do it. By 10:30 everything was finished and we left with cleared trophies so it can be done. The F&W agent was pleasant & efficient. We had hunted with Danish in Pakistan who posts on this forum and the paper work was done properly as was everything else he done for us. I am not naïve enough to think it will every time but did this time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote