Find
Notify
Tools

Sapps form required?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I traveled through Jo-Burg 3 weeks ago and transferred from Emirates to S.A. Express for my last flight to Bulawayo. I went to get my guns and they asked for my paperwork. They wanted a Saps Form. I told them I did not spend the night in S.A.? They still wanted one. I had one already filled out(just in case)so I signed and dated it in front of them. I told my P.H. in Zim and he said I didn't need to since I did not overnight in S.A. On my return to Jo-Burg I asked them again and they said the same thing?

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Were your rifles checked thru to your destination?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
The rifles were checked to Jo-Burg.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, you’ve answered your own question. Your port of entry was South Africa, so you need a SAPS520. Period.....
If you had them tagged for Zim. And the transit connection less than 24 hrs, you most likely would
Not need any South African paperwork.

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
The rifles were checked to Jo-Burg.

Gotta check them through to your final destination.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
We were unable to because we used 3 Airlines to get there.