New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel to Soutnern Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For some 30 odd years we have been taking shooting parties to Scotland for driven bird shoots and found that the only real way to do the trick is direct from the USA to England or Scotland. The flight through Amsterdam is always a pain or worry for clients.

Some 6 years ago we began taking some folks to southern Africa and have definately found the through Europe routs a serious pain. England will not fly guns to Zimbabwe under any circumstance, Your must route through another country with no mention of Zim on the tickets or you are not leaving the UK with your toys. We have always found that the Direct route is always the best, much less chance for things to go missing. We has used Deidre Matthews who owns and operates Come-2-Africa
www.info@come-2-africa.co.za
Fantastic at setting up meet and greets in Johannesburg for your weapons and to organize your flights on to Botswanna, Numibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and any destination in SA as well as setting up any extended tours while there where you can leave your guns in a safe and secure spot ready to pick up when you leave SA on your way home. We have used her service in southern Africa for a lot of folks for several years now and it has gone like clockwork for everyone into and out of all of the countries back to Johannesburg for your trip home. I costs nothing to check them out and it may save you a ton of cost and agro.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Tried clicking on the link as well as a google search. Nothing comes up???

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for getting back to me, I forgot that Deirdre is in the process of sorting out a new Web site the home page is up which you can see. I am sorry for that. I spoke with her this morning they are here in the USA for Dallas DSC, the SCI in Vegas, Harrisburg Sportsman Show and a couple other shows. Her USA phone number is 1-775-554-3626, they just arrive in the USA and are still getting things sorted. You may call her and leave a message if she does not answer. I do not think she has removed the greeting message which said she is back in Africa. Our e-mail is bland@epix.net and phone number is 1-570-864-3242. Send us a note and we shall happily get you in contact.

We met Di Di through a contact in SA, she has sorted us and our groups out without a hitch for years. This year we are going to Zim for 21 days. We fly Delta to Johannesburg, Di Di has someone meet and greet us to clear the rifles, she sorts out all the permit work. The FANTASTIC Motel meets us transports us to their guarded large compound which is very reasonable and less than 10 minutes from the Airport. We stay there for a day or two, visit Rowland Ward, and shopping areas with a lady who has a limo service which is cheap and cheerful. The Lodge has a vault where they will store your weapons if you wish to go on a side trip for a few days at no charge. The food is fantastic, the drinks are great a great place to chill out watching the birds and animals while getting used to the time changes. The Lodge will take us to the Airport for our flight to Bulawayo when it is time to go, Di Di has all of the tickets sorted to Zim and back. We mount the plane and head off. One of our group and his wife are coming early where Di Di has sorted an early trip for them to Victoria Falls for 5 days without their guns, they will fly back to the Lodge, meet up and head to Bulawayo with us. When we return to Johannesburg the lodge will pick us up, we shall stay overnight. Christa (my wife) and a couple others are going with Di Di or someone on her staff to the Okavanga Delts to take a ton of photos and on to Victoria Falls for a day or so and back to Johannesburg. While I am heading to the Eastern Cape with KT Safaries for a week of shooting something or other. We shall meet back at the Lodge they will pick up their guns and toys which are stored there and we are off to Atlanta the next morning. Di Di is really such a lovely kid, she runs a fantastic business and has the patience to organize anything in Africa. She has saved us a ton and kept us from going insane wile trying to deal with the Africans in Africa. She is there, hands on, can speak all their languages and the can not stuff her with BS.

Again very sorry for messing the addresses.

Cheers,

Glenn

deirdre@come-2-africa.com e-mail

web site: www.come-2-africa.com

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote