Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates info
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
From all I've been reading, I'm thiniing that emirates is looking to be the best choice for us for next May.
I tried using their website to set all our arrangements, but it's not cooperating.. we will need to go from either JFK or IAD to Dubai, to JNB to BFN then BFN to CPT then back to wherever we started.. Looks like i may need a travel agent..

What travel agent have you guys used when booking with Emirates... two of our in country flights will have to be with SAA

Thanks

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
From all I've been reading, I'm thinking that Emirates is looking to be the best choice for us for next May.
I tried using their website to set all our arrangements, but it's not cooperating.. we will need to go from either JFK or IAD to Dubai, to JNB to BFN then BFN to CPT then back to wherever we started.. Looks like I may need a travel agent..

What travel agent have you guys used when booking with Emirates... two of our in country flights will have to be with SAA

Also, if we have to overnight in Dubai vs layover, where to stay..

sorry about the double post...

Thanks

NRA Benefactor.

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Call Shawn Kennedy at Gracy Travel and let her connect all the dots for you. 1-800-299-8558.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of r_p_narramore
posted Hide Post
I'm flying Emirates thru Dubai to Harare in 2 weeks. I used Steve Turner, and he has been very helpful.

Posts: 53 | Location: Eastern KY | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I'm flying Emirates to Joberg next Wednesday - Steve Turner has been great!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I did Emirates myself 3 years ago. However, air travel with firearms has become so difficult IMO, that after doing my own booking for 20 years, I will be using Steve at Travel With Guns for all future bookings.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rent your Gus. Life is easier...

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Another Emirates question... Any permits required by UAE for transporting through Dubai?

NRA Benefactor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emirates via Dubai is quite easy.
Call your local Emirates office and tell them what you want to do.
They will send you a form, you need to fill out. Scan your rifle licence and letter of invitation (from outfitter or guide).
Send all three to them by mail.
If you are transiting through dubai, emirates will request permission from uae customs.

Takes 15minutes in total. Emirates hotline is very helpful if you have more questions.

I travel with guns several times every year and have never used an agent. I have no idea what the problem is, normally it takes less then 15minutes to get it sorted. Most airlines run good hotlines so what's the magic about it?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or you could call Steve at travel with guns and have them take care of it. In my opinion well worth the $150 you would save by booking it your self

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The procedure for us from the UAE is a bit different.

We have to obtain the police clearance to travel with our rifles and ammo.

I did that last wee, then emailed the permit to Emirates Security who deal with it in the morning.

A few minutes later the permit was in my mail box.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
In October that will be my third time to fly Emirates in the last two years to Harare. Steve Turner has handled all of the reservations. Steve and Susan know the Emirates process very well.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Sitting at the Emirates gate at Dulles - security was a breeze! Emirates and TSA checked my gun case and we were thru security in 15 minutes..

Third time thru Dulles and all three have been smooth sailing.. The Emirates check in staff was absolutely great!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
In Dubai now... The flight from Dulles:

In coach...

USB and 110 volt power in the seats, more food that you could eat (and it was great). The plane was half empty which made it that much better..

Super clean, awesome flight attendants.. I'm glad I did not spring for business class - coach was just as good!!!

Looks like the flight into Joberg isn't full either :-)

Great way to star off a hunt!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Flight home: As great as the flight over!

The JNB to Dubai leg was fairly full but still a nice flight. Check in at JNB was smooth - firearms check in was easy and no issues. Dubai airport is interesting.. You do have to go back thru security but it is easy. Flight from Dubai to Dulles was empty - I had an entire row to lay down in. The crew said that flight is rarely full....

The only complaint was the long wait in the customs secondary line to have my guns S/Ns verified against my 4457 - which was the first time I ever had that done.. The guys were nice and once it was my turn it took 5 minutes..

Overall - Emirates gets a 5+ Star rating from me!